The Student Room Group

Remark question

I'm wondering if I should remark a paper I got a B in, but I think I got an A (As level AQA geography btw)

I know the mark can go up or down, but if it goes down, can I still enter my higher original score or not?

Thanks guys and I hope it went well for all of you :smile:
Reply 1
if it goes down, you cannot reject the new mark and it will be your final score.
did you get a high b or low b?

please correct me if I make a mistake.
Reply 2
Original post by rin109
if it goes down, you cannot reject the new mark and it will be your final score.
did you get a high b or low b?

please correct me if I make a mistake.

No idea...I think i'll leave it then. :biggrin:
Reply 3
person above is right if your new grade ends up being lower that is the one you have to put forward. It could be worth remarking, I guess you have to see how far into the B you are and how close you are to the A grade (you can see through grade boundaries).
Reply 4
Original post by RaHiNa
person above is right if your new grade ends up being lower that is the one you have to put forward. It could be worth remarking, I guess you have to see how far into the B you are and how close you are to the A grade (you can see through grade boundaries).

What do you mean, if its a high b then remark, if its a low b then not??
Reply 5
Original post by Blueray2
What do you mean, if its a high b then remark, if its a low b then not??

Yeah if you want to. For example if you're 8 marks into a B grade but only 1/2 away from the A grade then maybe remarking might be beneficial especially if you're confident it could go up. Whereas if you're only 1/2 marks into a B and 8 away from the A then a remark may not be the best option due to the risk of going down a grade to a C.

Quick Reply

Latest