The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grant

Hi, I'm really worried about the fact that Student Finance have not updated my account, as they are still not taking into account my Household Income, despite the fact that my mum entered our information on her account on the 30th of July, so this means that they are not giving me a Maintenance Grant.
On my mum's account, it says that her information has been 'approved', but it is not asking for any evidence... Whereas, on my account, it still says that my mum needs to input our household income?
I'm really confused and worried, as i can't possibly go up to Uni without this financial support and i've been confirmed a place and have applied for accommodation.
What should i do, as i have less than a month before i go to Uni?
Thank you for any help!

Also, does anyone know how long this process can take?
You have no other option than to chase them: phone, online notes, recorded delivery letter, anything will do. They are overloaded at the moment as you can imagine but should resolve your query eventually. Our institution runs Student Finance surgeries this months for new and continuing students: check your institution Student / Welfare Services - they may offer similar free advice sessions.
Reply 2
Original post by Urszula @ BC
You have no other option than to chase them: phone, online notes, recorded delivery letter, anything will do. They are overloaded at the moment as you can imagine but should resolve your query eventually. Our institution runs Student Finance surgeries this months for new and continuing students: check your institution Student / Welfare Services - they may offer similar free advice sessions.

Thank you for you help :smile:
You don't think its to late for everything to get sorted out, do you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending