The Student Room Group

A*AA requirements with low AS grades

I'm looking to apply for A*AA courses at King's College and UCL, but after receiving my AS grades yesterday I'm worried about getting an offer. I came out with an unexpected ABCC. I achieved 9A*s and 3As at GCSE so maybe that will help, but I don't know the extent to which universities take GCSEs into account.

Any advice would be wholly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 1
GCSE's arent really taken into account that much outside oxbridge and even then its in exceptional circumstances when students need to be separated based on long term achievement.

You may be able to resit a few modules in the AS's and get predicted A*AA for A2?
I'm in a really similar boat, my course wants A*AA, I was expecting A*AAA yesterday but ended up getting lower in all but one :confused: I'm planning to resit two modules, I hope it isn't gonna affect my chances too much.
Original post by Dingo749
GCSE's arent really taken into account that much outside oxbridge and even then its in exceptional circumstances when students need to be separated based on long term achievement.

You may be able to resit a few modules in the AS's and get predicted A*AA for A2?

So that would involve just talking to subject tutors about resits in September and asking them to adjust my predicted grades?
Reply 4
Original post by Dead End Street
So that would involve just talking to subject tutors about resits in September and asking them to adjust my predicted grades?

Yeah :smile:
Original post by Dingo749
Yeah :smile:

Thanks! I know what I need to resit. Managed to get ACU in the three modules.

Quick Reply

Latest