The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

heeeeeeeeeeeeeey to all my fellow year 10's :hello:
Original post by nox1
hey guys, do you know how to revise for English Language exams? I have literally no clue

I don't think you can really revise for English language. I have a mock after Easter and I'm going to try and do a couple of past papers just to get familiar. There's not much else you can do IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nox1
hey guys, do you know how to revise for English Language exams? I have literally no clue

I'm not doing English Language, English Lit this year :smile: Though, perhaps you can make a thread about it? I think you should do practise papers though, or go over some things you need to know :smile:
Reply 4683
thanks! we've done one past paper at school already, so we might get given some more :smile: It's one of my stronger subjects luckily. English lit on the other hand... :s
Reply 4684
Hello all, fell like the only one with no exams at all this summer!! :mmm:
Reply 4685
Ahaa lucky, I have no GCSEs, but we always have end of year exams :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4686
Original post by nox1
Ahaa lucky, I have no GCSEs, but we always have end of year exams :frown:

Ah, I have absolutely no exams! :mmm:
Original post by Steliata
Nice to know I'm not the only one :smile:

In terms of finding new songs, I just visit the video of a vocaloid song I like on YouTube and then click a song that looks interesting in the suggested videos lol :3 Sometimes I actually find something interesting!

My current favourite is by Luo Tianyi (Chinese vocaloid) and it's called March Rain. Look it up, it's pretty good :smile: Others I like are Reincarnation (Gumi and Rin), Luka Luka Night Fever (Luka), Soleil (Rin), Viva Happy (Miku) and Heartbreak Headlines (Gumi). Mostly found by browsing!

In terms of character design, though, Aoki Lapis is my favourite. And she has a nice voice :smile:

Sure, I will. I also downloaded UTAU, and hope one day, I can make my own voicebank. After A levels anyways. I shall look at your suggestions.

Arigado!
Hey! :smile:
Does anyone have any tips for revising for English Language- any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Original post by Gilo98
Hello all, fell like the only one with no exams at all this summer!! :mmm:

So lucky. How you doing btw? We haven't talked in a loong time :tongue:
Original post by asapsimeon
Does anyone have any tips for revising for English Language- any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Sorry, I can't help much (haven't done English Lanaguage) but have a look at this maybe?
Original post by Oceansandpearls
Hey! :smile:

Original post by LikeableT
heeeeeeeeeeeeeey to all my fellow year 10's :hello:

Hello :wavey: Welcome to :tsr: and welcome to the Current Year 10 thread :h:

What subjects are you both taking and any exams this year? :smile:
Original post by nox1
thanks! we've done one past paper at school already, so we might get given some more :smile: It's one of my stronger subjects luckily. English lit on the other hand... :s

Perhaps you could go on the exam board website and see if you could find past papers for English Lang? I'm pretty sure they have their past papers there :yep: What are you doing for Literature? :smile:
Reply 4694
Original post by AMYC1999
Perhaps you could go on the exam board website and see if you could find past papers for English Lang? I'm pretty sure they have their past papers there :yep: What are you doing for Literature? :smile:

yeah:smile: I'm not taking it this year, but we will have an end of year exam for language.
For Literature we're doing Thomas Hardy poems and All My Sons.
Reply 4695
So lucky. How you doing btw? We haven't talked in a loong time :tongue:

Mwahah. Good thanks, yourself? Can never find the time to come on thestudentroom at the moment :frown:
Reply 4696
They used to have Music GCSE at my school, but lack of interest stopped it. Same with Law.

I wish my school had a law gcse. :frown:
Hello :wavey: Welcome to :tsr: and welcome to the Current Year 10 thread :h:

What subjects are you both taking and any exams this year? :smile:

I'm taking the maths exam and the majority of my controlled assessments this year (physics, chemistry, biology, French, English, history(??)) :redface: :frown:
For subjects, I take: French, Music, Art, History, Triple Science, Maths, English language and English literature. We also have to do an R.E half exam.
What subjects do you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4698
Original post by Gilo98
Ah, I have absolutely no exams! :mmm:

Don't you have A Level Maths exams?
Reply 4699
Original post by rcmehta
Don't you have A Level Maths exams?

Yeah, but no GCSE ones :mmm:

Latest