The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Starting at Lanc' in September. Pets - viable?

So! I'll be moving into (insert college when I get my accommodation response) with a superior en-suite. I'm curious though, would I be able to bring my snake too? Naturally she's caged and well-heated, though I'm unsure if I'll be allowed to keep her with me in my room at University?
Reply 1
Pretty sure almost all uni accommodation anywhere doesn't let you have pets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I looked up a few threads, quite a few people have had cats, mice, so on and so forth. If you study animals at St John's you're even allocated two-three rabbits. So I thought it best to check, cheers though for the quick response! (:
Reply 3
It doesn't appear so. Under the 'Your Obligations' section of the Residents' Handbook it states: You agree not to keep any animals, birds, reptiles, insects or fish at the Accommodation. Assistance dogs are permitted following consultation with the Residence/Disabilities Officers.

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/residentshandbook.pdf
Reply 4
Jamie here (3rd year)

Pets are a strict NO in campus accommodation due to hygiene, your flat mates allergies and a host of other reasons.

Porters can (and do) perform a few random inspections each term.

If they catch you with a pet. They'll ask you to re-home it, they may confiscate it.

In an absolutely absurd case, my college (County), during my first year, someone kept a few Crowing Cocks (Birds) and they sounded off every morning. They were confiscated by campus security and actually re-homed on a more remote bit of campus. I think they've been moved off campus since then though.

Realistically, the most you could possibly get away with is a fish, with a tank small enough you can hide it in the wardrobe during an inspection. =P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending