The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Bioengineering enquiries

Hey guys so I have presently got clearing offers to study bioengineering and I would appreciate if someone currently on this course could help me with the following questions

1)Is there any difference between bioengineering and bio/medical engineering.if yes pls kindly explain
2)what is the course like at queen Mary's ? is it more of the engineering side or medical side.
3) does it matter that i have little to no knowledge of engineering .
4)how much Physics is involved considering I didn't do physics at A2
5)is there a lot of practicals involved ?If yes what kind of practicals are done.
6)is it more of lectures or seminars or a balance of both.
7)what are the job prospects considering that this is apparently a "non traditional engineering course"
8)finally do u enjoy the course,if yes what parts of it do u enjoy best.

I know I have asked way too many questions, so sorry about that guys, jst need ur honest opinions so I can make a decision quickly .thanks
Reply 1
Original post by jaad
Hey guys so I have presently got clearing offers to study bioengineering and I would appreciate if someone currently on this course could help me with the following questions

1)Is there any difference between bioengineering and bio/medical engineering.if yes pls kindly explain
2)what is the course like at queen Mary's ? is it more of the engineering side or medical side.
3) does it matter that i have little to no knowledge of engineering .
4)how much Physics is involved considering I didn't do physics at A2
5)is there a lot of practicals involved ?If yes what kind of practicals are done.
6)is it more of lectures or seminars or a balance of both.
7)what are the job prospects considering that this is apparently a "non traditional engineering course"
8)finally do u enjoy the course,if yes what parts of it do u enjoy best.

I know I have asked way too many questions, so sorry about that guys, jst need ur honest opinions so I can make a decision quickly .thanks

I can't help you with all the questions............just the one about job prospects, people have this stupid idea that having a degree somehow means they will get a job, its a lie. Its not just the degree but a lot to do with what you do in your spare time, I would say its a must to get involved in some serious volunteering or get a serious position in a society, especially like events, etc because you'll have experience and situations which you can then take and write into your cv and talk about it in your interview when they ask you questions about life situations.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Iqbal007
I can't help you with all the questions............just the one about job prospects, people have this stupid idea that having a degree somehow means they will get a job, its a lie. Its not just the degree but a lot to do with what you do in your spare time, I would say its a must to get involved in some serious volunteering or get a serious position in a society, especially like events, etc because you'll have experience and situations which you can then take and write into your cv and talk about it in your interview when they ask you questions about life situations.

Thanks for that advice Iqbal007.would definitely take note of that in future
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
what did you do for your a levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending