The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by EmmaLL1
Ok. What about 11a-c?

that link i commented has all of section B :smile:
for 9a do you think you have to say "concentrated" phosphoric acid or is just phosphoric acid enough?
Reply 462
Original post by mfmackay
for 9a do you think you have to say "concentrated" phosphoric acid or is just phosphoric acid enough?

just phosphoric should be fine
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 463
Original post by nECS
that link i commented has all of section B :smile:

Ok, thank you! What about 14 in the multiple choice? Do you know what the grade boundaries are for an A, B and C?
Reply 464
Original post by EmmaLL1
Ok, thank you! What about 14 in the multiple choice? Do you know what the grade boundaries are for an A, B and C?

section A is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2440180&page=20&p=47555087#post47555087 except 9 is C not B

Nope, no idea about boundaries, i'd think they would be a touch lower than last year but no real idea
Original post by nECS
I couldn't decide between edinburgh and St andrews but the clincher for me was the fact that pretty much everyone in my year is going to edinburgh and I want to branch out and meet new people, not hang out with the same ones i've known since I was like 12 :L
But yeah, I think I only just scraped through the PAT, so when I got to my first interview and got asked something retarded like 'how would you estimate how many piano tuners there are in london' I just kind of sat there likei-dunno-lol_1_.jpg
Needless to say, it went really well....

Although, hopefully physics is merciful, I feel we're due a break after reasonably tough maths and chem papers

Yeah, I've looked at PAT papers before, MC is okay, but the written section can get difficult indeed. Yeah, I got a few outlandish questions as well, though they were a lot more subject based than that one lol. Here, could you perhaps help us with a physics question? I will try find a AH physics thread and post it there.
Is it possible for universities to accept you if you are one grade down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 467
Original post by koolcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard of some people being accepted with a grade lower than required, such as my friend who got a B in higher physics but needed an A yet still got in. I need a B and I worked so hard but I'm either just over or under the mark for one, I'll be devastated with a C.
Reply 468
Original post by koolcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister was asked for an A in AH French... She got a D, but got two A's at Higher so they let her in :smile:
Reply 469
Is it infrared spectroscopy that detects vibrations ? Get this confused with NMR !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kerrzy
Is it infrared spectroscopy that detects vibrations ? Get this confused with NMR !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 471
Original post by Asklepios

Yes what is?
Original post by JTR__
Yes what is?

Sorry, somehow managed to quote the wrong post (was on my phone :/ )

Corrected now
Reply 473
Original post by Asklepios
Sorry, somehow managed to quote the wrong post (was on my phone :/ )

Corrected now

Haha, sorry! I just thought you were being sarcastic... :colondollar:
I thought I did quite well until I looked at this forum. Don't even remember what my answers were to half the questions and I'm still paranoid I now have them all wrong. Screw you all. </3
Reply 475
Scholar
how do you get access to the advanced higher chemistry scholar study guides? i found a pdf verison of AH chem unit 2 but I can't find the rest. I have a working scholar account but I can't find them on their website?
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending