The Student Room Group

Is it possible for an EU medical student to transfer to an uk medical school?

Hi, I was considering if it's possible to tranfer from a medical school in Spain to an uk medical school. I am very worried abut this , because my family and I weare going to move to uk very soon , and i dont know if i'll be able to continue my third year in uk . I'll be happy if it's possible , because i have always dreamt about studying medicine in an english country ,but i realised that their procedure were too stressful and very expensive, because some required you to pay for the application and after this procedure you migth not be ensured for an offer or place , at the end , is like you wasted you time and effort. It's very dissapointing .

Please I need help !!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by telidebade
Hi, I was considering if it's possible to tranfer from a medical school in Spain to an uk medical school. I am very worried abut this , because my family and I weare going to move to uk very soon , and i dont know if i'll be able to continue my third year in uk . I'll be happy if it's possible , because i have always dreamt about studying medicine in an english country ,but i realised that their procedure were too stressful and very expensive, because some required you to pay for the application and after this procedure you migth not be ensured for an offer or place , at the end , is like you wasted you time and effort. It's very dissapointing .

Please I need help !!

There are very few medical schools in the UK that accept people who are currently in the middle of a degree. There are even fewer who accept people when that degree is medicine and they tend to only accept from certain other medical schools because they need to have similar course structure.

You need to contact universities and ask them individually but it is not something that happens often.
Reply 2
As above, it is very rare - simply due to the non-matching curriculum as well as possibly different teachings.

No harm in calling and asking universities though. Or send a group email to the 33 or so medical school offices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending