The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2014 American Applicants

Hi everyone! Any Americans here applying to Edinburgh for 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me! I'm applying for law. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by stresser
Me! I'm applying for law. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Economics/Maths here. Did you send in your application yet?
Yes! I am, for the fine art program! Do you think there will be a fast turn around? I'm so excited to see some other American students applying-- I don't think there are that many...
Reply 4
Original post by DeeDee Maire
Yes! I am, for the fine art program! Do you think there will be a fast turn around? I'm so excited to see some other American students applying-- I don't think there are that many...

Hi! Im not sure about the turn around... and I think it depends on when you apply. Im applying on November 21, not sure when they will give a response though. Sone people have recieved offers in 2 weeks...
Yea my offer from Glasgow came within a week of submitting the app, but Edinburgh is tougher to get into I think
Reply 6
I sent mine in a month ago with no response. When did your friend send in his

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi everyone. I just got into the MSc of philosophy. I applied two weeks ago but my final reference sent his letter in Wednesday and I was accepted this morning. It was fast for me. I'm very excited to know other American students are applying
Reply 8
Original post by Bob311
Hi everyone. I just got into the MSc of philosophy. I applied two weeks ago but my final reference sent his letter in Wednesday and I was accepted this morning. It was fast for me. I'm very excited to know other American students are applying

congrats!! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Bob311

That's awesome!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Do you guys know of any other Americans applying for law and if they've got their decision yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'm applying for a PhD, but haven't submitted the app yet. Bob311 - did you get any funding?
Reply 12
I didn't apply for funding, I am trying to get some stuff worked out through their sport sciences because I am a high level athlete in the US. Other than that no I haven't.
Applying for International Relations!
Reply 14
Original post by rumbles_ubamba
Applying for International Relations!

good luck :smile:
Original post by matt_g96
good luck :smile:

Reply 16
Submitted my app a few days ago and just submitted my scholarship app. Does anyone know how long they take to process everything? Other unis have given me a time frame, but I didn't see one from Edinburgh. (PhD program if that matters.)
Reply 17
Hi! I'm an American student and submitted my application October 15 for Law and International Relations. I got an offer yesterday November 19. I think it's super cool there is thread for American applicants (:
Reply 18
Original post by jemi38
Hi! I'm an American student and submitted my application October 15 for Law and International Relations. I got an offer yesterday November 19. I think it's super cool there is thread for American applicants (:

Congrats!!:biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by matt_g96
Congrats!!:biggrin:

Thanks! (: Good luck to you! Did you apply to any other universities in the UK or just Edinburgh?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending