The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by waldorfsalad
They invite around 1150 people to interviews, and make around 750 offers, good luck! :smile:

Wow, 750 is a lot, I'm guessing it's because of the A*AA offer... Thanks for the reply
Reply 181
Original post by mli26
Wow, 750 is a lot, I'm guessing it's because of the A*AA offer... Thanks for the reply

That, and the fact that approximately half of those people will either turn it down or only use it as an insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
So after receiving a confirmation email for all universities except Birmingham, I emailed the admissions office and got this reply:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to the high level of applications we do not send confirmation emails."

I thought some people on here had received confirmation emails??

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sophiemed
So after receiving a confirmation email for all universities except Birmingham, I emailed the admissions office and got this reply:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to the high level of applications we do not send confirmation emails."

I thought some people on here had received confirmation emails??

That's strange, maybe they just stopped doing it in the middle of receiving applications. I wouldn't worry about it though, as long as Birmingham appears on your UCAS track.
Reply 184
Woop! Got my confirmation email from Birmingham this morning and just now received an invite for interview! Over the moon! :biggrin: :biggrin: Good luck everyone :smile:
Did anyone get the course information email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by DrumChops
Woop! Got my confirmation email from Birmingham this morning and just now received an invite for interview! Over the moon! :biggrin: :biggrin: Good luck everyone :smile:

Well done & congratulations! Good luck with your interview. :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by HHaris14
Well done & congratulations! Good luck with your interview. :smile:

Thank you. Wasn't expecting it at all. All the best with your application :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by hunteronetwo
Did anyone get the course information email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that email this morning :smile:
i got the interview invite on 22nd of october lol? a week after deadline? But anyway so we all have a 70% chance of being offered? Others that have been invited, what were ur gcses and as btw (wondering if it was due to ps or academics)?
Reply 190
Original post by solarplexus
i got the interview invite on 22nd of october lol? a week after deadline? But anyway so we all have a 70% chance of being offered? Others that have been invited, what were ur gcses and as btw (wondering if it was due to ps or academics)?

I think birm is academics from what they said on open day..
Eg you can have help on your ps or not even write it yourself..

I had 9 a*s gcse distinction additional maths a in as science in soc I did along side
And AAAA at AS in geog maths biol chem
Predicted A*A*A* at a2

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9967
I think birm is academics from what they said on open day..
Eg you can have help on your ps or not even write it yourself..

I had 9 a*s gcse distinction additional maths a in as science in soc I did along side
And AAAA at AS in geog maths biol chem
Predicted A*A*A* at a2

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

kk er 10A* 1A FSMQ A, AAAAA as predicted A*A*A
Reply 192
Ahh everyone's got emails back except me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 193
I have got no interview invite :frown:
10A*'s (2 distinctions) 2 A's
AS: AAAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A*AA
Reply 194
Original post by sm786
I have got no interview invite :frown:
10A*'s (2 distinctions) 2 A's
AS: AAAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A*AA

Me either and I have identical stats to someone above who has one :/ I'm worried about my A in GCSE English Lit now. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No interview invite yet, getting nervous :frown:
I have 10 A* at gcse
AS: AAAA
A2: A*A*A*
I know birmingham don't really look at personal statements.

I was confident when applying but after people I know and people on here have been told and I haven't I'm getting really worried
Reply 196
Original post by Medicine Boy
No interview invite yet, getting nervous :frown:
I have 10 A* at gcse
AS: AAAA
A2: A*A*A*
I know birmingham don't really look at personal statements.

I was confident when applying but after people I know and people on here have been told and I haven't I'm getting really worried

I think everyone is getting ahead of themselves and worrying unnecessarily, its only the end of Oct yet! From reading some of last yrs threads interviews were still being sent out in February so plenty of time yet guys. Relax, I don't think its anything to worry about yet! x
Original post by LibbyG
Me either and I have identical stats to someone above who has one :/ I'm worried about my A in GCSE English Lit now. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I have an interview with an A in GCSE English language. I think as long as you have an A* in one or the other they'll consider you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Seriously everyone get a grip !!! It's only October, the majority of Med Schools don't start giving out interviews until after they receive UKCAT results around the 4/5th November, Birmingham are one of the few who start early as they don't use UKCAT. You're in for a very long and stressful wait, Medicine application is notoriously gruelling and stressful, if you are panicking before the end of October because you haven't had an interview invite, then you really need to question whether Medicine is the right choice for you !! You can be waiting to hear anything (interview invite or rejection) right up to the beginning of April !! Even if you have an interview before Christmas the majority have to wait until the end of March for a decision and it's tough and extremely stressful. So stop being so silly and panicking because you haven't had an invite to interview by the 30th October !!!
Reply 199
Original post by JayBoy
Seriously everyone get a grip !!! It's only October, the majority of Med Schools don't start giving out interviews until after they receive UKCAT results around the 4/5th November, Birmingham are one of the few who start early as they don't use UKCAT. You're in for a very long and stressful wait, Medicine application is notoriously gruelling and stressful, if you are panicking before the end of October because you haven't had an interview invite, then you really need to question whether Medicine is the right choice for you !! You can be waiting to hear anything (interview invite or rejection) right up to the beginning of April !! Even if you have an interview before Christmas the majority have to wait until the end of March for a decision and it's tough and extremely stressful. So stop being so silly and panicking because you haven't had an invite to interview by the 30th October !!!

Erm. You are kinda right, agreed, but it's natural to worry so offer a bit of comfort as well. As a doc sounds like you would be 'pull yourself together, it's only depression, stop moaning' haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending