The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by lxm177
Yeah, I definitely had 2 bad ones as well-data and ethics. I just panicked and lost the ability to do maths, lol -nerves totally got the better of me and I struggled to pull it back! I agree ethics was tough...think the interviewer made it really difficult to have a discussion. Am not overly optimistic but I just want to know either way now!
At our briefing they suggested that they would likely let the majority of successful candidates (~50 they said) know towards the end of this week with a small number(~8/10) held in reserve till March when all interviews are done. That was how I understood it anyway:-)

Yeah this is what I was told a week ago. They said they would be calculating scores last week and through this week. I hope they start giving offers soon! Does anyone know how long ppl have waited after interview, including last year?
Reply 781
all the medicine u need is herb from the ground
Reply 782
Original post by liamog71
Yeah this is what I was told a week ago. They said they would be calculating scores last week and through this week. I hope they start giving offers soon! Does anyone know how long ppl have waited after interview, including last year?

Nope sorry, I only know people on the 5 year course who heard 3 weeks after their interview but its difficult to compare really I suppose. This is the worst part. Can't wait to have the feeling of permanent butterflies removed from my stomach one way or another!
Reply 783
Original post by lxm177
Nope sorry, I only know people on the 5 year course who heard 3 weeks after their interview but its difficult to compare really I suppose. This is the worst part. Can't wait to have the feeling of permanent butterflies removed from my stomach one way or another!

I know! Hopefully they get the responses out ASAP. I was under the impression that we would have them by the end of the week. Counting down the hours...
Reply 784
Original post by liamog71
I know! Hopefully they get the responses out ASAP. I was under the impression that we would have them by the end of the week. Counting down the hours...[/

Its going to be awful for those who don't hear this week if others do...still that very small chance of an offer but with it being dragged out another month:-( I will have lost the plot by then I think...!
Reply 785
I have an interview in late Feb. Do I have a lower chance of getting an offer compared to those who were interviewed earlier?
Reply 786
lets say I got an offer, and I do not meet the condition(example, I got 4A while the condition wants 1 A*2A), do you guys think I still have a chance to go study in birm? , or would they turn off the offer straight away? im having my interview on 18th feb , anybody got any tips for me ??? really need help. btw im an international student, anybody knows how many international students they are taking in?
Reply 787
Original post by teggybear
lets say I got an offer, and I do not meet the condition(example, I got 4A while the condition wants 1 A*2A), do you guys think I still have a chance to go study in birm? , or would they turn off the offer straight away? im having my interview on 18th feb , anybody got any tips for me ??? really need help. btw im an international student, anybody knows how many international students they are taking in?

I know someone who got AAB when offer was AAA and he still got in. It could be possible depends on how many accept and reach grades I guess?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by 9967
I know someone who got AAB when offer was AAA and he still got in. It could be possible depends on how many accept and reach grades I guess?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohhh i seee , ill just try my best :smile: you have any tips for interview? anything that u think can help me prepare myself?
Original post by AL1210
Best of luck with everything, I don't really know your current situation but I really hope everything works out ok in the end! Are you international? Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i received a rude response from some medical professor and admissions executive. he basically told me to read the entry requirements before contacting the university.

Because, you know, I'm stupid enough to completely bypass the requirements before emailing them.

I emailed him back, and I think he's now ignoring me. I'm resending the same email perhaps tomorrow.
Reply 790
Original post by 2018
Any applicants this year who got an interview with A's in English at GCSE?

I have an A in GCSE English and my interview is in February :smile:
Reply 791
Original post by teggybear

It depends on places, but there are a couple of people that were in that situation and are here now :smile:
Hey everyone,

I have an interview coming up on February 26th. I would very much appreciate if you could offer any advice on interview preparation, past questions, and or any comments about your general experience if you had the interview already.

This will be my only interview so if you help I will owe it to you big time!:smile:
Reply 793
Original post by Zaphod77
It depends on places, but there are a couple of people that were in that situation and are here now :smile:

ahhh thats just good to know :smile:
Hello.

Does anybody want to do mock up interviews on skype? I think its a great way to practice before the real interview !! My Skype id is: cristina.dinescu
Original post by beibicris
Hello.

Does anybody want to do mock up interviews on skype? I think its a great way to practice before the real interview !! My Skype id is: cristina.dinescu

Sure that's a great idea I'll add you now!
Reply 796
Any grads had any news from Bham yet? Can't bear this waiting:-(
Reply 797
Nope, nothing! The wait is agonising :/
Reply 798
Original post by abcdef...
Nope, nothing! The wait is agonising :/

Lol, at least we're not alone I guess:-)
Reply 799
Original post by lxm177
Lol, at least we're not alone I guess:-)

When did you have your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending