The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Jit28
Thanks same to you! i know its a 70% so chances look pretty good but the wait it horrible! have you gone for post grad or undergrad?

Undergrad :smile: so different to you! And yes 70% seems nice but there is so many variables.. how many offers they've already given out, how many they allocate to postgrad / undergrad.. I've really overthought this and it's now killing me! :biggrin:
Reply 1181
I dont think i can handle waiting for even one more day now:s-smilie:
Reply 1182
Original post by xzaynahx
I dont think i can handle waiting for even one more day now:s-smilie:

It really is horrible... worst part is it COULD be another 8-9 days :'( ! I assume I'm not the only one that cannot stop thinking about it, every moment of each day ^^
Reply 1183
If you had your interview on the 27th, message me! (I was the relatively chatty one who was NOT in a suit)
Reply 1184
Original post by MLeach
Undergrad :smile: so different to you! And yes 70% seems nice but there is so many variables.. how many offers they've already given out, how many they allocate to postgrad / undergrad.. I've really overthought this and it's now killing me! :biggrin:

sorry I meant I'm a graduate that applied for the undergrad
They said at interview they give the majority of the offers out at the end of the cycle so fingers crossed for us all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1185
Original post by Jit28
sorry I meant I'm a graduate that applied for the undergrad
They said at interview they give the majority of the offers out at the end of the cycle so fingers crossed for us all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh oups you wrote it correctly the first time, my brain not working ! And yes, fingers crossed.
Original post by Jit28
Hi! im new on here, applied for undergrad at bham as a post grad
just spoke to admissions and they said all offers/rejections should be out by the end of next week :smile:

Thought I was the only one :smile: I won't be the only oldie
Did they say when they would start giving out decisions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Original post by MLeach
It really is horrible... worst part is it COULD be another 8-9 days :'( ! I assume I'm not the only one that cannot stop thinking about it, every moment of each day ^^

My heads exploding and i have a huge math test tomorrow:frown: and i knowww thts what i hate!! every week people go like 'we'll find out next week' and the weeks jst go by without anythn!! Its so frustrating:angry:
Reply 1188
Original post by MLeach
Oh oups you wrote it correctly the first time, my brain not working ! And yes, fingers crossed.

Between this week and next 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1189
Original post by kingshill
Thought I was the only one :smile: I won't be the only oldie
Did they say when they would start giving out decisions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Between this and next 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
This wait is excruciating, but I guess we just need to keep our minds off it until they reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1191
Original post by SinghShady
This wait is excruciating, but I guess we just need to keep our minds off it until they reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So everyone keeps saying but... too hard
Reply 1192
I thought of an interesting question earlier - IF you do get rejected by Birmingham and have to reapply next year, would you reapply to Birmingham if you have the suitable grades and everything? I certainly will if I don't get in this year.
Reply 1193
Original post by MLeach
I thought of an interesting question earlier - IF you do get rejected by Birmingham and have to reapply next year, would you reapply to Birmingham if you have the suitable grades and everything? I certainly will if I don't get in this year.

I don't think you can reapply if rejection is post interview.

edit, but I may be wrong!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1194
Original post by 0612
I don't think you can reapply if rejection is post interview.

edit, but I may be wrong!

If that's true ... :frown:
Original post by MLeach

I'm sorry to say it, but 0612 is right; if you've had your interview then you cannot reapply. Sorry, but don't worry, you might get the offer! Chin up :smile:
Reply 1196
Original post by Zaphod77
I'm sorry to say it, but 0612 is right; if you've had your interview then you cannot reapply. Sorry, but don't worry, you might get the offer! Chin up :smile:

Exclusively Birmingham? Because I know a girl who got rejected at Oxford AFTER an interview and reapplied.
Original post by MLeach
Exclusively Birmingham? Because I know a girl who got rejected at Oxford AFTER an interview and reapplied.

Yeah, exclusively Birmingham. Some other medical schools also have that system, but I don't know which ones, sorry! It's normally best to check before reapplying to them :smile:
Reply 1198
Original post by Zaphod77
Yeah, exclusively Birmingham. Some other medical schools also have that system, but I don't know which ones, sorry! It's normally best to check before reapplying to them :smile:

Well thank you anyway!
Reply 1199
Hi all,

Good luck to everyone waiting for offers!!

I was offered a place on the graduate entry medicine course last year but deferred entry until Sept 2014. I'm currently living in Australia so if anyone knows of any forums for Birmingham GEM 2014 or anyone here has plans to live in private accommodation please let me know :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending