The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'll be applying providing my UKCAT goes okay... it's next week!

I'm on a gap year :biggrin:
Original post by cat-lover
Yeah I'm so glad I don't have A-levels to worry about anymore. :tongue: 8th of September. :frown: What are your academics and UKCAT like? And you're sending your application next week? :eek: I'm sending mine early October. And if only it was a job. :frown: It's like 2-3 weeks shadowing a doctor on wards which I'm really happy about as things like that are impossible to come by where I live (non-EU applicant).

I seee. Well done! :smile: My friend did Geography and she had all these huge 70 mark essays to write and it looked like a nightmare. :tongue:

For the essay I Wrote like 10 pages in 30 mins:eek:
Reply 22
Original post by SusieShire
I'll be applying providing my UKCAT goes okay... it's next week!

I'm on a gap year :biggrin:

I'm on a gap year too :biggrin:. All the best for your UKCAT :smile:
Original post by Green Bubblegum
For the essay I Wrote like 10 pages in 30 mins:eek:

Ouch, that sounds awful. :redface: Your hands must have been killing you by the end of that exam. :tongue:
Reply 24
Yeah I'm so glad I don't have A-levels to worry about anymore. :tongue: 8th of September. :frown: What are your academics and UKCAT like? And you're sending your application next week? :eek: I'm sending mine early October. And if only it was a job. :frown: It's like 2-3 weeks shadowing a doctor on wards which I'm really happy about as things like that are impossible to come by where I live (non-EU applicant).

I know :tongue:, hopefully we both nab that 1 med offer this year, it sucks seeing my old mates all going off to university this month, meanwhile I have to go job hunting. Got my first job interview next week, I feel so out of my depth but I love teaching esp. children so fingers crossed :biggrin: At A2 I got A*AAAA and got 740 STJ 1 on my UKCAT. How about you? Oh an international, wow I really feel for you guys :redface:, competition for us is stiff but its even harder for you. Best of luck in your UKCAT/Application! :wink:
Ouch, that sounds awful. :redface: Your hands must have been killing you by the end of that exam. :tongue:

My hand was not hurting ironically.:biggrin: Ended with full UMS!
I know :tongue:, hopefully we both nab that 1 med offer this year, it sucks seeing my old mates all going off to university this month, meanwhile I have to go job hunting. Got my first job interview next week, I feel so out of my depth but I love teaching esp. children so fingers crossed :biggrin: At A2 I got A*AAAA and got 740 STJ 1 on my UKCAT. How about you? Oh an international, wow I really feel for you guys :redface:, competition for us is stiff but its even harder for you. Best of luck in your UKCAT/Application! :wink:

Yes, fingers crossed we will! :biggrin: I know right. :frown: All my friends have left the country to go to the UK for university and I'm so sad because I'm pretty much rotting away at home. :frown: I'm sure you'll do great at your job interview, good luck!! :biggrin: And holy crap, so many As. :eek: Well done on your grades and amazing UKCAT score. Are you applying to Barts by any chance with those stats? And I have A*AABb..not nearly as impressive but meets the requirements. :tongue: Hopefully my UKCAT won't be as low as last year (which was 610 :redface: didn't end up applying actually and took a gap year instead). And I am indeed an international. :frown: I've got only one shot too before graduate entry which makes it all the more daunting. :redface: Thanks, you too! :smile:

Original post by Green Bubblegum
My hand was not hurting ironically.:biggrin: Ended with full UMS!

Wow, well done! :eek:
Yes, fingers crossed we will! :biggrin: I know right. :frown: All my friends have left the country to go to the UK for university and I'm so sad because I'm pretty much rotting away at home. :frown: I'm sure you'll do great at your job interview, good luck!! :biggrin: And holy crap, so many As. :eek: Well done on your grades and amazing UKCAT score. Are you applying to Barts by any chance with those stats? And I have A*AABb..not nearly as impressive but meets the requirements. :tongue: Hopefully my UKCAT won't be as low as last year (which was 610 :redface: didn't end up applying actually and took a gap year instead). And I am indeed an international. :frown: I've got only one shot too before graduate entry which makes it all the more daunting. :redface: Thanks, you too! :smile:

Wow, well done! :eek:

Thanks.
What subjects have you done and do you know of any books for PS help!:smile:
Couldn't find a 2014 entry thread so thought I'd make one.
How is every one doing?

Excited about applying? what points did people get on the scoring system and hows the application process going?

Good luck x
Reply 29
Hi guys I'm a reapplicant who didn't apply here last year but I am going to this year!
Reply 30
Original post by minhle20
Hi guys I'm a reapplicant who didn't apply here last year but I am going to this year!

Me too :colone:
Reply 31

Nice to know I'm not the only one feeling so rotten
:biggrin: Thanks, but I'm sure you'll do very well, just keep calm and stay focused. TSR scares me with all these scores though my instincts tell me this is a biased place. Awesome grades :colone:, QMUL should be a good shot for you, I'm not too sure yet about them, waiting to hear back from one other university first. Where else you thinking of applying? :smile:
ow, that thread was created only 3 hours ago and is indeed in the wrong place. Perhaps they should move the other one or merge it.
Reply 33
Original post by Joannywhite

Good to know people are in the same boat as me :smile:

Where else are you planning on applying?
Reply 34
Original post by minhle20
Good to know people are in the same boat as me :smile:

Where else are you planning on applying?

Aberdeen, Dundee and Sheffield. You?
Reply 35
Aberdeen, Dundee and Sheffield. You?

Leicester, Manchester and Cardiff.

I'm also debating on whether to apply to biomed at St George's as well
Yes, fingers crossed we will! :biggrin: I know right. :frown: All my friends have left the country to go to the UK for university and I'm so sad because I'm pretty much rotting away at home. :frown: I'm sure you'll do great at your job interview, good luck!! :biggrin: And holy crap, so many As. :eek: Well done on your grades and amazing UKCAT score. Are you applying to Barts by any chance with those stats? And I have A*AABb..not nearly as impressive but meets the requirements. :tongue: Hopefully my UKCAT won't be as low as last year (which was 610 :redface: didn't end up applying actually and took a gap year instead). And I am indeed an international. :frown: I've got only one shot too before graduate entry which makes it all the more daunting. :redface: Thanks, you too! :smile:Wow, well done! :eek:

which medical schools are you Applying to??
Reply 37

Me three! A re-applicant not applied to SGUL before. I was quite worried about the location, I don't really like Tooting tbh! Can I ask why you guys are choosing SGUL this time around? My aunts a doc and said loads of good doctors come from SGUL, and I should give it a shot.
Reply 38
I heard apparently at SGUL if you do biomed, there is an opportunity to transfer to medicine after the 1st year if you do really well, just wondering what you guys are putting down for your 5th choice? :smile:
Reply 39
Thinking of applying here. Does anyone know what the admissions statistics are like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending