The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I understand that in recent years, UoL dropped the word 'external' from its degrees, so I believe you would be awarded a degree from UoL like any other graduate. Of course... It may be best to get the answer from the horse's mouth.

Edit: This might be of use: http://uolexternal.yuku.com/topic/2468#.UnvM3Pl7J8E
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Obbykins
Programme!

If I were to do it, would I just have a degree from the University of London/specific institution, or will my degree certificate specify the international programme?

It will say University of London so they are very different aesthetically . I found this online :

University of London - lead by LSE

Actual LSE:
Programme!

If I were to do it, would I just have a degree from the University of London/specific institution, or will my degree certificate specify the international programme?

Did you decide to study with them in the end?
Hi everyone,

Just to confirm, the word 'external' no longer appears on our degree certificates. When you complete your degree with the University of London International Programmes your award will consist of a Final Diploma and a Diploma Supplement. The Final Diploma will state that you have been awarded a University of London degree, diploma or certificate. It will also name the member institution of the University of London which provided the academic direction and include the University of London logo and signature of the Vice-Chancellor.

The Diploma Supplement indicates the nature, level and content of your completed study programme including modules taken, module grades and the overall degree classification. The Diploma Supplement also states the mode of study.
Original post by University of London International Programmes
Hi everyone,

Just to confirm, the word 'external' no longer appears on our degree certificates. When you complete your degree with the University of London International Programmes your award will consist of a Final Diploma and a Diploma Supplement. The Final Diploma will state that you have been awarded a University of London degree, diploma or certificate. It will also name the member institution of the University of London which provided the academic direction and include the University of London logo and signature of the Vice-Chancellor.

The Diploma Supplement indicates the nature, level and content of your completed study programme including modules taken, module grades and the overall degree classification. The Diploma Supplement also states the mode of study.

But, the degree from London International is not the exact same as the LSE one, is it?
But the degree from London International is not the same as the LSE one, right?
Hi @georgepat,

They are not exactly the same because we will issue a University of London degree. The LSE is part of the University of London (which is a federation), but they issue their own degrees on campus. The University of London has a worldwide reputation for excellence and your examinations will be marked to the same standard as if you attended on campus.

A University of London degree is valued by employers, universities and professional bodies around the world. Read more about how we ensure the quality and standard of our degrees: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/our-global-reputation/quality-standards.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Liam
Hi there - can I ask, if we complete a degree via distance learning at university of london, will we be able to apply for a masters after completion but on campus?
Hi @SamahMussa, our Bachelors degrees are internationally recognised and many of our students do progress to further study with this qualification, either on campus or through distance learning. We would also suggest that you confirm with any institution you are interested in that they will recognise a University of London Bachelors degree for entry to postgraduate study/a Masters programme.

I hope this helps.

Emma
Original post by University of London International Programmes
Hi @georgepat,

They are not exactly the same because we will issue a University of London degree. The LSE is part of the University of London (which is a federation), but they issue their own degrees on campus. The University of London has a worldwide reputation for excellence and your examinations will be marked to the same standard as if you attended on campus.

A University of London degree is valued by employers, universities and professional bodies around the world. Read more about how we ensure the quality and standard of our degrees: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/our-global-reputation/quality-standards.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Liam

Well, yeah I have some questions.
To choose online learning, I researched what we should look for to ensure quality and avoid scams. The majority of websites I read about online education offer the following advice:

A) Get information about the ranking and accreditation of the university
B) Make sure the degree is the same as the on-campus one
C) To ensure the quality is the same ask if people can switch from distance learning to campus learning and vice-versa

So far I did not find "university of London" in any rankings (I find the schools, but you say they are not the ones that award the degree), and the degree is not the same. This has all the warning signs.
Even on the link you provide as proof of quality, there is mention of the quality and reputation of the colleges, and the quality assurance mechanism of colleges which don't award the degree. That clearly shows the quality of... the degrees you are not offering! But what about the university of London degrees

Also, Is there any sample of the courses?
Hi @georgepat, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

The University of London does not appear in rankings, as that is the federal university which consists of 18 Colleges. There are also no current distance learning rankings. However, we are the world’s oldest distance learning provider and have been offering degrees since 1858!

As you mention, all of our programmes are developed and assessed by the UoL colleges such as LSE, UCL, and LSHTM etc., which are ranked in league tables. That means that the academic content of the degrees and the level of assessment are equivalent to that at those colleges. The difference is the mode of study (distance learning) and that is why the awarding body is the University of London.

It sounds like you’ve had a look on our website have you had a chance to read any of our London Connection articles? We have interviews with students that talk about their study and what they have done with their degrees. Here is one from a student that studied our BSc Accounting and Finance degree - she received a full scholarship to do her Master’s at LSE and now works at the World Bank.

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/community/londonconnection/articles/profiles/valuing-my-university-london-experience

We also have some programme resources for you to take a look at: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/community-support-resources/current-students/emfss-programme-resources

And, here is a link of partial study guides for some of the EMFSS courses: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/community-support-resources/current-students/emfss-programme-resources/subject-guides

Hope this helps! Is there a programme in particular you are interested in?
Hi there, I'm interested in applying for BSc Management and Law with LSE. Does that mean I will be registered with University of London and not LSE? I am a little confused here, so can I say i'm a student at LSE?
Hi, may I know if a Graduate Diploma in Management and a first degree (very close to a 2:2) are enough for entry into a Masters programme in a London university?
Good Evening
For Graduate courses, most universities require minimum three academic references, sometimes which are in the format of an online form, so as I'm studying the course independently, without an institution, how can I be provided the other two reference letters? I know UOL students get only 1 reference letter after request.

Is there any provision for international students where UOL or LSE can provide the minimum references required? (For example, Oxford University requires minimum three academic references for the masters programs)

Thanks and Regards
Meghna Goyal
Programme!

The diploma certificate:

No it will not say distance. I just received my LLM from UoL and it only says '(full name) having registered with University of London and passed the approved examinations conducted by Queen Mary University of London and University College London has this day been admitted [...]'

The transcript:

The one you get for free (Diploma Supplement) does say 'Mode of Study: Distance or flexible learning'
The one you pay however does not say any 'distance' whatsoever just 'University of London' and your marks.

Extras:

PRO: I have graduated from four universities in the U.S., continental Europe, and the UK. From my first hand experience, University of London caught the most attention every time I had interviews. It is prestigious. Nelson Mandela graduated from this institution.

CON: It is challenging. Just because it is a distance course does not mean it is an easy one. In fact, you will have to have a high self-discipline to excel.

Good luck.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
Hello @ University of London International Programmes And Fellow

Where can I find the BSc Economics alumni group, please?

Where can I find the second-hand Economics Textbook in London?

While I am studying distance learning course in UoL, Shall I use my student card to visit LSE campus - the Library and sit inside to use their library facilities please?

Thank you for your all and welcome to share experiences.

CHeers,

Renee
Reply 17
Hi Fellows,

Who can share the most updated Bsc Economics degree Certificate University of London - lead by LSE please?

Obbykins & Limoncello do you guys have any idear or suggestuion please? Thank you vevy much 💐😇

Renee
Reply 18
I think the point of this discussion is if we can say in a job interview that our BSc-MSc-HighGraduateDiploma is from the LSE with confidence, having done the UoL distance-learning one (conducted by the LSE).This is a question, so please discuss hahaha
Hello , can anyone please tell me that if one finishes diploma in law from university of London ( international program) , where do you receive your diploma? In barbarian center ?

Latest

Trending

Trending