The Student Room Group

Please help me with how to revise for AS :)

Hey there,

I am sure you would have read loads of similar post to this. But I was wondering how could I revise for my AS Subjects.

Firstly, Maths and Further Maths. I am not being a show off but I was a single student who did C1 early and got full UMS (in Year 11). Unfortunately, due to my school changing exam boards after the exam I would have to retake. At home I did D1 (still doing), C2. I tried FP1 but it was hard so I left it. Now in school in Maths we do C1 (the teacher gave me permission to do FP1 instead) and FM FP1 and D1. How could I revise for those modules?

Secondly, Physics AQA. Physics seems to me much harder than Maths. Are there any good revision/learing tools? How do I need to prepare. Basically I have two teacher, who will teach Unit 1 50% each. After we finish Unit 1 we will move onto Unit 2. I am fearing that during when we learn Unit 2, I will forget Unit 1 stuff.

Thirdly, German. I am a German native but still need work as I have forgotten some German.

So how much hours/quantity should I do each day?

P.S. I know this is stupid, but what would happen if you get ill on the exam period time? Considering there are no January Exams? (AQA, OCR MEI) Just a bit scared that this could happen :/
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
My advice for Physics and Maths would be to do past exam papers, and find the areas you lose marks in. Then, find questions from a text book or from your teachers relating to those specific topics, and try them after doing some reading up on them.
Eventually, practice will make perfect! Don't forget about the topics you found easy though, try to throw in a few random topic questions too, to keep you on your toes! :smile:

If you run out of questions, start from the beginning of your collection again! This will help you learn to easily interpret what exactly the questions are asking for, and if your strengths and weaknesses have changed.

Good Luck, and good job on C1!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MelonSponge
My advise for Physics and Maths would be to do past exam papers, and find the areas you lose marks in. Then, find questions from a text book or from your teachers relating to those specific topics, and try them after doing some reading up on them.
Eventually, practice will make perfect! Don't forget about the topics you found easy though, try to throw in a few random topic questions too, to keep you on your toes! :smile:

If you run out of questions, start from the beginning of your collection again! This will help you learn to easily interpret what exactly the questions are asking for, and if your strengths and weaknesses have changed.

Good Luck, and good job on C1!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending