The Student Room Group

I think I'm pregnant - boyfriend will leave me :(

I'm really not sure what to do. I think I'm pregnant (missed period + other signs) - I told my boyfriend this morning and he spat at me. Told me I was a filthy whore and said if I don't have a termination he will leave me and spread lies. I can't believe what's happening. I've been with no one else but him for the past 3 years. I could do with some advice - should I have an abortion or risk losing him?:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If he was the guy you thought he wouldn't be so nasty maybe u would be better off without him there are loads of single mums out there who do an awesome job you have to do what feels right for yourself nobody else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If that's how he reacts then please leave him, regardless of if you keep the baby or not.
Reply 3
No matter what lies he spreads, a blood test will confirm it is his & in his soul he will know it is his.
What a PRICK! He spat at you, wow...
Do whatever you feel is right, but first to make sure- take a pregnancy test as it could just be a scare.
I'm sorry you got mixed up with such a lowlife.
Reply 4
Seems bringing sex into a conversation somehow negates a valid point, I will rephrase. No decent member of the human race should act in such a vile and disrespectful manner, as to spit onto someone else; not least in THIS situation. Horrible. I hope for the best for you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by TheOnlyWayisSkeg
I'm really not sure what to do. I think I'm pregnant (missed period + other signs) - I told my boyfriend this morning and he spat at me. Told me I was a filthy whore and said if I don't have a termination he will leave me and spread lies. I can't believe what's happening. I've been with no one else but him for the past 3 years. I could do with some advice - should I have an abortion or risk losing him?:frown:

Why would you even want to be with such a man? He sounds horrible, there is no excuse for his behaviour. Break up with him and then decide what you want to do regarding the baby
Reply 6
I think the first thing you should do is take a test or go to your GP to find out if you're actually pregnant or not. Even if you aren't pregnant, you need to leave this insect you call a boyfriend asap. No one should EVER treat you like that, remember that you're worth more.

If you are pregnant, there are several options you can consider, there's abortion, there's adoption, then there's actually having the child. Talk to your parents about it but ultimately the decision is yours. There is no right or wrong answer. Good luck xx
Reply 7
If you are planning on going into further education and the rest, I think you should have an abortion and focus on your studies. One thing you must definitely do no matter what you decide is get rid of your "boyfriend" if you can even call him that. He sounds like a horrible person who doesn't deserve someone like you
Reply 8
For the future, don't tell people you think you're pregnant, unless you need moral support from a friend or someone to buy a test, find out first. I know I'm a dude, but trust me on this one.

Also, like everyone said, ditch the guy. Someone who behaves like that towards you, especially when you're worried about something like this, really is not the type of person to stay with. It will probably hurt considering how long you've been together, but you can do much better than that.
Thanks for your replies, I know I should leave him but I love him desperately. Even after the incident with the iron I stood by him. I'm just really confused right now.
The first thing you should do is go to a doctor and have your pregnancy confirmed. At the very least you should use a pregnancy test to make sure there's something to worry about.

Always use more than one test, 4-6 generally from different companies. Remember, there are rarely false positives but numerous false negatives. If you're positive on all the tests across the board, that can be a strong indicator that you are pregnant.

If you are pregnant, then you ought to evaluate your choices carefully. I don't know what your family situation is like and whether this is something you could discuss with your family, but if you plan on keeping the baby then that is a conversation you need to have as soon as possible.

However, irrespective of whether you decide to keep the baby or not, you ought to leave your boyfriend. If he was shocked or stunned and maybe even a little angry (not at you, but at the situation), that can be excused. But spitting at you and calling you a slag, that is unacceptable. He is no good for you! You're worth more than that!
Reply 11
Thanks for your replies, I know I should leave him but I love him desperately. Even after the incident with the iron I stood by him. I'm just really confused right now.

... incident with the iron? D:

Incident with the iron?

Listen - you need to get out of there. Please.

wtf?! So as long as he ***** you, he's fine but when he gets you pregnant, he calls YOU a filthy whore? WTF! :angry: This angered me so much! Is he stupid or stupid? :

I feel so sorry for you OP. It's best if you just leave him and move on with your life, and if you do turn out to be pregnant, you'll be an awesome SINGLE mother! You don't need HIM in your life!
He's an awful person. Don't think about what lies he's going to spread about you and just leave the *******.
Reply 15
If you're boyfriend spits at you and says all that then leave him. What a ****.
Reply 16
Leave him. It doesn't matter that you love him. You will always find someone else to love, later on in life. Someone much more humane.

IF you do happen to be pregnant:

Do not let anyone, including him, influence your decision on what you'll do with the baby. If he tells you to abort it and you don't want to, then don't listen to him and keep your baby because it's yours and he is not worthy of having a say in what happens to the baby because he is not worthy of being a father. He disrespected you for becoming pregnant and he should **** off because it's his fault as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
What a piece of ****! Beat him up then dump him. What you do wrt the pregnancy is your choice.
err... leave him, how is that even a question?

hes a disgusting nasty person and your child has done no wrong and will love you unconditionally (well as long as your not fritzel or something mad like that)
Reply 19
Original post by sa00109102
No man spits at a woman. That is horrible.

Arg, sexist much? No one should be spitting on anyone. It is disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending