The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheFlowersInMay
Very foggy this morning here. :smile:

The weather here is also horrible-in one word, I would say it's melancholy! EDIT: I hereby solemnly promise not to make comments on the weather, due to the cropping up of an unexpected negative rep...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by anne25
Searched it up on wikipedia before you posted:tongue:
Quite interesting.

It was really weird to do it in a German lesson telling people about our part time jobs! :K:

Original post by kinji
I detest Business-the teacher is so creepy and she's always shouting at us! It's horrible. I have no idea what speed dating is! Physics is way better than Bio though!

:lol: My teacher just can't control the class. :sigh: I'm sorry. What did you just say! Biology is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than physics!
Reply 82
Original post by rich1334
Well that was quick :tongue: Anyway better get going, just finished my wonderfully horrible revision timetable. I've got mocks for Maths and English in 2 weeks then mocks in every subject in the first 2 weeks of November. Lovely jubbly :mad:

Oh woah, your mocks are quite early!! Mine are in November or December I think :tongue:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
You guys post way too much :wink:

Says the person who almost has 40,000 :rolleyes:

Original post by ergo30
Nope, I just banned myself from my own bedroom for good measure.:smile:

Well that's normal :wink:

Original post by Vionar
Ok, it is really quite foggy here...anyone else have this?

Yeah, I had that this morning! We were walking down the outside path to Maths and we couldn't see all the way across the field!
Reply 83
Original post by Vionar
It was really weird to do it in a German lesson telling people about our part time jobs! :K:

:lol: My teacher just can't control the class. :sigh: I'm sorry. What did you just say! Biology is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than physics!

I agree with you there, I find physics quite boring.:tongue:
Original post by ergo30
Yeah very foggy in my area too, then sunny in the afternoon!:biggrin:

Okay. :smile:
Original post by kinji
The weather here is also horrible-in one word, I would say it's melancholy!

Okay. :smile:
Original post by Vionar

I wonder why it was so foggy...my friend walked to school and came inside with wet hair...her hair was dry when she left. :K:

Hmm... :s-smilie:
Reply 85
Original post by Vionar

Okay then, whatever you say! Personally, I didn't like Bio at all-don't hate me for that, please!:tongue: I'm not a fan of Physics too but I like it more than Bio.
Reply 86
Original post by Vionar
That's awesome! :biggrin: My friend plays the violin, and I'd love to play! :redface:
Aw, bye! :biggrin:

Damn it! I missed the stupid bus!:mad: Now I'm gonna have to leave at 5:30 instead, I hate public transport.:rolleyes:
Reply 87
Original post by Gilo98
Feel so happy right now :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you quite sure that you've got enough revision guides there? :wink:

Original post by ergo30
Yay! auditioned and got in to the Jazz band!:biggrin:

Yay, well done :biggrin:

Original post by Vionar
We ended up doing physics when I thought we were going to do biology. :unimpressed:
My friend and I completed our maths work before the lesson started! :mmm: Technically...
Business was awful as usual, we didn't even get to do the piece of work we were supposed to do. :rolleyes: Though I did do my maths homework! :tongue:
German was odd. :K: We did 'speed dating'...

Haha speed dating is hilarious, although we don't really do that any more :tongue: How did you finish your Maths work before the lesson? :holmes:

Original post by rich1334
Revision guides make you happy? If only I could be so joyful about revision :tongue:

In other news, my revision timetable has been fully completed (did some tweaks today) and will be started next week for the mocks in November :frown:

It's attached if anyone is curious

That's a full-on timetable! :eek: And you're revising until quite late!
Reply 88
Original post by EmyJ14

Yeah, I had that this morning! We were walking down the outside path to Maths and we couldn't see all the way across the field!

I couldn't see either end of my road! Bearing in mind that my house number is a single digit... :redface:

Original post by anne25
I agree with you there, I find physics quite boring.:tongue:

Then why do you do it! :rolleyes:
Reply 89
Original post by ergo30
Damn it! I missed the stupid bus!:mad: Now I'm gonna have to leave at 5:30 instead, I hate public transport.:rolleyes:

Uh oh...sorry!
Reply 90
Original post by Vionar
I couldn't see either end of my road! Bearing in mind that my house number is a single digit... :redface:

Then why do you do it! :rolleyes:

Because I always get good marks in physics, it's an easy subject for me.:biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by kinji
Uh oh...sorry!

Haha, it's fine I guess, hopefully won't get in to too much trouble for being late.:tongue:
Original post by Vionar

:mmm: To be fair, we did start in August! :tongue:

True. :tongue:

I think the main reason was your 1,903 posts on the previous thread. :wink:
Reply 93
Original post by kinji
Okay then, whatever you say! Personally, I didn't like Bio at all-don't hate me for that, please!:tongue: I'm not a fan of Physics too but I like it more than Bio.

I detest physics, I can't stand it! I love biology and chemistry though! :biggrin:

Original post by ergo30

:rofl: Why do you have to leave so late? :s-smilie: And when does the meeting start?

Original post by EmyJ14

Haha speed dating is hilarious, although we don't really do that any more :tongue: How did you finish your Maths work before the lesson? :holmes:

We've never done it before, it was really weird! :tongue: It was because we'd done the work last lesson, so technically, we finished the work before today's lesson had started! :tongue:
Reply 94
Today was alright, I had singles of Maths and English first thing (35 minute lessons) and we had cake in Maths because nobody brought it yesterday, so we only spent half the lesson actually working! :mmm: Then I had ICT, eurgh, but I actually did some work because I've made my plan for the unit now and I don't want to get behind :tongue: French was awesome as per usual, and I spent the lunchtime in the really small upstairs section of the library, which we use mainly because it's only for the upper school and there aren't any annoying Year 7s/8s/9s there... plus, the librarian hardly ever comes up there so it's extremely unlikely that you'll get kicked out. :colone: Then I did netball in PE, which wasn't too bad, except it was a too bright and sunny to see well and I got all lethargic in the middle of the lesson and just started walking around the court :wink: Our team won by a mile though because our GA and GS were really good :biggrin:

I'm excited because I've got a non-uniform RE trip to Oxford tomorrow, even though I don't do RE! :awesome:
Reply 95
Original post by Vionar
I detest physics, I can't stand it! I love biology and chemistry though! :biggrin:

:rofl: Why do you have to leave so late? :s-smilie: And when does the meeting start?

We've never done it before, it was really weird! :tongue: It was because we'd done the work last lesson, so technically, we finished the work before today's lesson had started! :tongue:

Meeting starts at 5:15 and I left late because I took ages to get changed into uniform.:banghead::rolleyes:
And the bus timings are really weird!
Reply 96
Original post by anne25
Because I always get good marks in physics, it's an easy subject for me.:biggrin:

:rolleyes: You still should have chosen a subject you at least half like! :tongue:

Original post by yellowcopter
True. :tongue:

I had 2014 posts on one of the others! :mmm:

Also, happy birthday! :biggrin: Legal now, eh? :wink:
Reply 97
Original post by Vionar
:rolleyes: You still should have chosen a subject you at least half like! :tongue:

Is that all being 16 means to you!?:rolleyes:
Reply 98
Original post by Vionar

:lol: I didn't even notice the fog when I was walking to the bus stop, I only noticed it on the field :tongue:

Original post by yellowcopter

The last thread was quite good though because there were three people that got over 1,000!

Original post by Vionar

We did it a lot in KS3 French to practise speaking, and we occasionally did it in Italian :tongue: Now we just speak French for pretty much all of the lesson! Oh, I love it when that happens! :wink:
Reply 99
Original post by Vionar

I don't hate physics, I just don't find it as interesting as Biology and Chemistry.:tongue:

Latest