The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Oooooh I just got my email saying I passed stage 1. They're obviously still giving them out, so I wouldn't give up yet!
Original post by Laura Duggan
Congrats to everyone hearing now! Don't worry purple-girl I'm still waiting too! Good luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too!

Original post by chris300
I applied last year and I'm sure I recall it being different. There was an analytical reasoning but at the beginning before the first numerical reasoning? I'm sure that wasn't there last year! But who knows, a year is a long time!

I also applied last year and there definitely wasn't an analytical test in stage 1, it was just the same as this year...
Reply 182
Through to stage 2 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Damn they are coming through thick and fast just got mine :smile:
Reply 184
Through to stage 2 but I'm still not the least bit excited. Cant take another grad scheme disappointment. Seems a first class degree in Accounting & Finances means nothing its all down to these tests. Which I absolutely hate and the time frame for a reply is so long too. ANXIETY!!! We are having to wait for Kenexa to email us with these test too. What a long process. But hey.. what is to be will be - waiting in a virtue. I waited two months for a stage 2 response so I can wait another 7 weeks for an assessment day reply and even a further 8 months to start this job if successful. xxx
Original post by Prettygurl1991
Just doing practice logical and analytical tests ... My gosh ... They're HARD!

Woo wooo passedddd.

Hey Prettygurllll you got any tips concerning those tests? :cute:
Reply 186
Original post by shammieb
Through to stage 2 but I'm still not the least bit excited. Cant take another grad scheme disappointment. Seems a first class degree in Accounting & Finances means nothing its all down to these tests. Which I absolutely hate and the time frame for a reply is so long too. ANXIETY!!! We are having to wait for Kenexa to email us with these test too. What a long process. But hey.. what is to be will be - waiting in a virtue. I waited two months for a stage 2 response so I can wait another 7 weeks for an assessment day reply and even a further 8 months to start this job if successful. xxx

woosaa :smile:
Hi...
I don't understand why tdp have let some know so early and then others know so late ...

I do not see the logic ...

I'm dreading stage 2 tests
Original post by shammieb

same! I can't take another rejection myself i think these tests are a real rubbish way to filter through graduates but hey ...

Patience is surely a virtue ... Hang in there - seems like many people are getting through to stage 2 i believe stage 2 really will filter through the applicants
Original post by Inzamam99
Woo wooo passedddd.

Hey Prettygurllll you got any tips concerning those tests? :cute:

Woooh!
well done and I'm practising logical but can't seem to find much quality tests on analytical ?? Any tips people ...:redface:
Reply 190
Just found out I got through to stage 2! The HMRC gods have spoken.
Hi...
I don't understand why tdp have let some know so early and then others know so late ...

I do not see the logic ...

I'm dreading stage 2 tests

Same happened last year when i was awaiting my results from the assessment center, was a painful wait!

I just found out i got back to stage 2 aswell.

Stage 2 tests arnt that bad, i actually really enjoyed them!
I'm 83% sure I've not passed and this extra long wait isn't really convincing me that I'm wrong. I just hope I hear back by the end of the day, but the fact I'm one of the last to hear back isn't a good sign.
Reply 193
Original post by Sheepmaster317
I'm 83% sure I've not passed and this extra long wait isn't really convincing me that I'm wrong. I just hope I hear back by the end of the day, but the fact I'm one of the last to hear back isn't a good sign.

Don't worry. I'm 84%, and I passed. And I believe that percentile is only based on the initial SJT, not include verbal and numeral.

To those who has started practice already, what kind of tests are they. Have you got email with examples?
Woooh!
well done and I'm practising logical but can't seem to find much quality tests on analytical ?? Any tips people ...:redface:

The analytical test is identical to the numerical test in stage 1 - I found it easier as there was more time.

Don't get thrown off because the name of the test is different, I can assure you it's just another numerical test.

You'll see how easy it is after you've answered a few questions !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ashleyash
Don't worry. I'm 84%, and I passed. And I believe that percentile is only based on the initial SJT, not include verbal and numeral.

Ah sorry, that % was the % chance I thought I'd failed to get through Stage 1. I wish my initial Sift test was that score, it was far, far worse. Annoying because I think I did alright on the verbal and numerical.
Original post by niels-bohr
The analytical test is identical to the numerical test in stage 1 - I found it easier as there was more time.

Don't get thrown off because the name of the test is different, I can assure you it's just another numerical test.

You'll see how easy it is after you've answered a few questions !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with Niels in i found it easier because of the more time available. did you start up at hmrc from the last years recruitment on tpdp?
Reply 197
Dear all,

I have been invited to stage two of the recruitment process for HMRC.

Can some one please answer the following questions for me:

1 - What does the initial sift feedback score represent? i.e which test/tests?

2 - What will the Analytical Skills Test involve? I've read that these can be extremely intense, with multiple boxes of information to comprehend and awkwardly written sentences to make it even more confusing.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 198
Original post by Chrismonk88
I agree with Niels in i found it easier because of the more time available. did you start up at hmrc from the last years recruitment on tpdp?

I agree with Chrismonk88 and Nielsbohr. I actually enjoyed the Phase 2 tests as opposed to the sheer pressure of Phase 1.

I wouldn't reccomend looking for logical reasoning tests. The test is pretty self-explantory, it's a logical progression test, e.g. a square, a triangle, two lines, ??? (Answer: A line) Although they get a bit trickier than that, obviously :P It was 24 questions in 12 minutes last year. Click like the wind!!
Original post by I_am_Neo
Dear all,

I have been invited to stage two of the recruitment process for HMRC.

Can some one please answer the following questions for me:

1 - What does the initial sift feedback score represent? i.e which test/tests?

2 - What will the Analytical Skills Test involve? I've read that these can be extremely intense, with multiple boxes of information to comprehend and awkwardly written sentences to make it even more confusing.

Thanks in advance.

1) your mark on SJT
2) see my above post

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending