The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Yea, that would have been ideal!
I think I'll definitely be going the night before to save the stress of traveling down the morning of the assessment day.
Reply 581
Original post by JScullion
Yea, that would have been ideal!
I think I'll definitely be going the night before to save the stress of traveling down the morning of the assessment day.

Does anyone know what hotel hmrc are putting us in, as it would be easier if I can book the same one the night before, save packing and unpacking? :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by Forganic
Does anyone know what hotel hmrc are putting us in, as it would be easier if I can book the same one the night before, save packing and unpacking? :smile:

I'm not sure, I'm going to email tomorrow to ask. If I get an answer I will let you know :smile:
Reply 583

http://www.warwickconferences.com/our-venues/radcliffe

I'm not sure if you can book it privately or not? It's on the university campus. I'm a bit worried about finding somewhere to park my car...
Reply 584
Original post by JScullion
I'm not sure, I'm going to email tomorrow to ask. If I get an answer I will let you know :smile:

That would be great and much appreciated! Did you get my PM?

I was at the Warwick AC last year and you're put up at the conference centre hotel on site. Evening meal and breakfast is provided on site too. If you're coming by train, Coventry station is closest and a £10 taxi or there is a bus.

For those at Lincoln AC it's at the HMRC staff college which also has on site accommodation and restaurant. It's a few miles to the north of Lincoln, so leave plenty of time to get from Lincoln station to there if going by train.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
I've got mine on the 17-18 of feb. Has anyone had any info about what the assessment centre entails? Or has anyone who has been on one before provide a brief outline?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Adam, mine is 17-18th too, in Warwick. I have not received the Guidance for candidates yet, but I think they said we should get them beginning of this week.
Reply 588
Mines in Warwick aswel. Just want to get it over with now. The whole process is taking it's toll on me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, same here. there is a video on the HMRC facebook page about what to expect, but it doesn't seem like there is much we can do to prepare...
Reply 590
Just had a look at the doc of what to expect, doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary but also doesn't look like there's much we can do to prepare either. I can't decide what to wear either, the document says to dress in something you feel comfortable in and that you won't feel self-conscious but it's natural to want to dress smartly.
Reply 591
Joggers and a hoody for me then. Can't get any more comfortable than that.😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hhughes25
Just had a look at the doc of what to expect, doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary but also doesn't look like there's much we can do to prepare either. I can't decide what to wear either, the document says to dress in something you feel comfortable in and that you won't feel self-conscious but it's natural to want to dress smartly.

I would definitely still dress smartly as most people will and you will look professional
Reply 593
Original post by LeonieEmily
I would definitely still dress smartly as most people will and you will look professional

Yeah I was planning to but just not sure how smart to go kind of thing. Still plenty of time to decide anyway.

Original post by adam90
Joggers and a hoody for me then. Can't get any more comfortable than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, that would be ideal!
Reply 594
That AC centre will entertain us all day long. I agree we need to dress smart. Question: Can we check in before we attend AC or we have to carry all the luggage? BTW, I check on the mail they said the closet station will be Canley, 3 mins away from the Coventry main station by train. Does anyone know if there is any bus pass through?

If those of you can take coach, or even mega bus, it seems the coach station will be next to the campus on the map. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Reply 595
I'm also heading down to Warwick on the 18th/19th from Glasgow. Debating driving and travelling down the night before and getting a hotel.
Reply 596
Im in warwick on the 27th and 28th. Anyone else?
Reply 597
I only just discovered that I'm on the reserve list. Missed my emails from 2 weeks ago! I know my chances aren't great but I feel like I should start preparing for the AC just in case. Does anyone know how they plan to prepare for this??

Also concerned how I'm going to there at last minute as I'm from Glasgow....
Reply 598
Original post by toosleepy
Im in warwick on the 27th and 28th. Anyone else?

Me me me. I am from Dorset.
Reply 599
I can't for the life of me track down this Guidance for Candidates booklet. Could a lovely person upload it to this thread or explain how I find the 'Communication Centre'? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending