The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zssr
are you still on reserve list.. or did they send you an email saying you get declined ?

Still on the reserve list.
Reply 1181
Original post by jay2013
Still on the reserve list.

Hmm ... same here. People who have got 544 have got a post and not me lol.. I dnt get it .
Original post by zssr
Hmm ... same here. People who have got 544 have got a post and not me lol.. I dnt get it .

It's probably down to locations e.g. a lot of people might have put London as their first choice so the positions there are more competitive while not as many people might have put Coventry as their first choice so there's less competition there. That's just my guess though as I really don't know lol :dontknow:

All you can do is hang in there and wait and see what happens.
Just though I'd let the guys know who are still waiting to see if they get offered a place that I got one through this morning at 9:30. I guess they are sending out offeres to alternative people once they get rejections back, so keep the faith!
Reply 1184
Original post by Tedds1992
Just though I'd let the guys know who are still waiting to see if they get offered a place that I got one through this morning at 9:30. I guess they are sending out offeres to alternative people once they get rejections back, so keep the faith!

9.30 at sat morning ? Really?

What scores did you get and what was your location.. did they offer you your first choice tho.

Thank you for letting us know big help.
Original post by zssr
9.30 at sat morning ? Really?

What scores did you get and what was your location.. did they offer you your first choice tho.

Thank you for letting us know big help.

Haha I know I was rather shocked to see it if I'm honest!
I got my first choice which is Cardiff and with scores of 5,6,6
Reply 1186
Hey Newcomer here;

I got offered Stratford too

Anyone know if we gain a qualification from the EO roles at all?
Whether it is a fixed term/permanent contract?
Progression opportunities?

Need to decide between this and a HO position in the home office
Hi, the position is permanent and we do get a qualification that is recognised outside HMRC but it wasn't a qualification that I recognised the name of. I think anywhere in the civil service has pretty good progression opportunities. I'm in a similar position having had interviews for HEO roles in the home office but I think I would go for this one instead because it is a graduate position so I would have thought they will support your learning more etc but that's just my opinion.
Reply 1188
Anyone get any offers today ?
Have people got their DBS check back already? Worrying that mine might not be back in time because I have seen others have already sent them off to Audrey!

Also does anyone know if we have to do anything else for checks? There is not much information about what we need to do.

Thanks to anyone who can help :smile:
Original post by ciobas
5 6 6 London :smile:

Hi, have you been offered central London?
Original post by laura3865
Hi, the position is permanent and we do get a qualification that is recognised outside HMRC but it wasn't a qualification that I recognised the name of. I think anywhere in the civil service has pretty good progression opportunities. I'm in a similar position having had interviews for HEO roles in the home office but I think I would go for this one instead because it is a graduate position so I would have thought they will support your learning more etc but that's just my opinion.

I dont think this is a graduate position Laura. I did the HMRC internship last year and the vast majority of people in EO roles were not gradutes but were people who had worked there a long time. Also in terms of progression there is the business driven development plan which is only available to internal candidates but the main progression is through TPDP and just re applying until succesful. There are a number of different sections of HMRC that you can work in but remember that you are not allowed to apply for anything else for 2 years after starting an EO position although this my not be a big issue for many!
Have people got their DBS check back already? Worrying that mine might not be back in time because I have seen others have already sent them off to Audrey!

Also does anyone know if we have to do anything else for checks? There is not much information about what we need to do.

Thanks to anyone who can help :smile:

Hi Laura,

I received my DBS last thursday but was offered a HO role about a month prior to the EO offers being sent out so I wouldn't worry too much about not having yours yet, it took 2-3 weeks before I had mine after the conditional offer... and I am supposedly starting on September 8th.
Original post by Bensz93
I dont think this is a graduate position Laura. I did the HMRC internship last year and the vast majority of people in EO roles were not gradutes but were people who had worked there a long time. Also in terms of progression there is the business driven development plan which is only available to internal candidates but the main progression is through TPDP and just re applying until succesful. There are a number of different sections of HMRC that you can work in but remember that you are not allowed to apply for anything else for 2 years after starting an EO position although this my not be a big issue for many!

Hi,

Do you mean that EO jobs in general are not for graduates or that these particular jobs in local compliance are mostly taken up by non graduates?

From my experience in the civil service it is quite easy to progress even without being on a graduate scheme but I suppose different departments will work differently!

Thanks for your help :smile:
Hi,

Do you mean that EO jobs in general are not for graduates or that these particular jobs in local compliance are mostly taken up by non graduates?

From my experience in the civil service it is quite easy to progress even without being on a graduate scheme but I suppose different departments will work differently!

Thanks for your help :smile:

I mean most jobs are taken up by non graduates. There may well be other routes of progression than I stated but I think I covered the main ones
On another note has anyone actually found out more about the roles? I sent an email a while ago but no replies. I also received a revised conditional offer to start a month later on the 6th of october for Bristol although I'm still wanting to transfer to Nottingham.
Reply 1196
Im still awaiting a reply lol.. still on reserve list.. I think its time to move on.
Original post by zssr
Im still awaiting a reply lol.. still on reserve list.. I think its time to move on.

I just a waiting game, till people respond to the offer that they have been given. You never know ... But I would suggest not depending on it entirely. I'm in the same position and can totally get where you're coming from.
Original post by Bensz93
I mean most jobs are taken up by non graduates. There may well be other routes of progression than I stated but I think I covered the main ones

Ok I see, thats the same at the Home Office.

There doesn't seem to be much information available so I think it will just be a case of turning up and seeing what's what then!

Thanks again
Original post by Purslow20
Hi Laura,

I received my DBS last thursday but was offered a HO role about a month prior to the EO offers being sent out so I wouldn't worry too much about not having yours yet, it took 2-3 weeks before I had mine after the conditional offer... and I am supposedly starting on September 8th.

Thanks! Where are you starting your role?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending