The Student Room Group

difference between btec national diploma and btec extended diploma????

I am so confused whats the difference between btec national diploma and btec extended diploma. Ive been researching in the ucas website the entry requirements for computer science and there is information about btec extended diploma and btec national diploma. What im confused about is some accept btec extended diploma on its own but they only accept btec national diploma with an A Level. There both known to be 18 units, whats the difference???
Original post by ojusrane
I am so confused whats the difference between btec national diploma and btec extended diploma. Ive been researching in the ucas website the entry requirements for computer science and there is information about btec extended diploma and btec national diploma. What im confused about is some accept btec extended diploma on its own but they only accept btec national diploma with an A Level. There both known to be 18 units, whats the difference???

A BTEC National Diploma consists of 120 credits, usually 12 units, with each unit consisting of 10 credits, however the quantity of units are dependant on the credit value per unit. You will usually study for 60 credits within the first year and then 60 in the second year. Successful completion of the first year gives you a Subsidiary Diploma, equalling 1 A-Level, completion of the full Diploma is 2 A-Levels

A BTEC National Extended Diploma is 90 credits per year, totalling 180 credits. Much alike the Diploma the amount of units you study will depend on the value in each unit. Successful completion of the first year, you will get what is known as a 90-Credit diploma, equivalent to 1.5 A-Levels, the extended equalling 3 A-Levels
So my daughter is doing BTEC National Diploma in Business and Computing 12 units each with EPQ.Would universities take this
Original post by kanwal3017
So my daughter is doing BTEC National Diploma in Business and Computing 12 units each with EPQ.Would universities take this

Yes I got in to UCL with my btec
Original post by MDunkley1995
A BTEC National Diploma consists of 120 credits, usually 12 units, with each unit consisting of 10 credits, however the quantity of units are dependant on the credit value per unit. You will usually study for 60 credits within the first year and then 60 in the second year. Successful completion of the first year gives you a Subsidiary Diploma, equalling 1 A-Level, completion of the full Diploma is 2 A-Levels

A BTEC National Extended Diploma is 90 credits per year, totalling 180 credits. Much alike the Diploma the amount of units you study will depend on the value in each unit. Successful completion of the first year, you will get what is known as a 90-Credit diploma, equivalent to 1.5 A-Levels, the extended equalling 3 A-Levels

It was different int the early 00's the national was 180 credits worth 3 A levels and there was no extended diploma the national certificate was 160 and worth 2 A levels in those days.
Did you have a combination of A-levels and btec or only btec?
Does a combination of 2 a level and 1 btec extended diploma make sense. I think unis won't accept this.
What btec did you do to get into UCL please?
Hi the course I did doesnt accept btec anymore

(Original post by x_sopeee)
What btec did you do to get into UCL please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending