The Student Room Group

Chances of getting placed at Oxbridge.

I'm an ex-student of A levels and am considering an application to Oxbridge after having achieved 4 A* at A levels in the june 2013 series in the subjects Mathematics,Chemistry,Biology and Physics. I gave the BMAT as a try last year and achieved 4.7 out of 9.0 without any preparation. So, is it worth applying to Oxbridge for a person with grades like me.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Reply 1
you have a chance obviously

Reply 2
but.. where is the humour? xD
Reply 3
People think this is a troll but to be fair, Medicine applicants have an average of 3A*s so it's not a bad question.

For Cambridge, it's all about UMS, Oxford is more balanced between A level and GCSE results.

Those BMAT results are by no means bad, but there will be plenty of applicants who have higher results. Do you intend to do that BMAT again?
Original post by ermm
People think this is a troll but to be fair, Medicine applicants have an average of 3A*s so it's not a bad question.

For Cambridge, it's all about UMS, Oxford is more balanced between A level and GCSE results.

Those BMAT results are by no means bad, but there will be plenty of applicants who have higher results. Do you intend to do that BMAT again?

Cambridge uses GCSE results as well.
Reply 5
Original post by ermm
People think this is a troll but to be fair, Medicine applicants have an average of 3A*s so it's not a bad question. <br />
<br />
For Cambridge, it's all about UMS, Oxford is more balanced between A level and GCSE results. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Yeah sure..I'll reappear. I just wanted to give it a try but I had just done my AS so was not fully prepared. It seems quite easy after having done A2. I have a's in all the components.
Reply 6
You've got the grades, now choose the right course. For all of you who are making "troll" and counterproductive comments, go outside and stop jerking off to GTA 5.
I don't see any evidence that 'ahmad khan' is a troll. A* x 4 = very impressive, however.
Reply 8
We need to know ums numbers and gcse grades to give any kind of accurate assessment. As happy as you evidently are with your results, 4A*s doesn't necessarily mean you have the academic results for oxbridge medicine, without even considering other aspects of the application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending