The Student Room Group

best uni to do management/business studies

Hi everyone, I just want to ask if anyone can give ma advice which uni I can choose for doing Management/ Business Studies/ Business Management/ Admin. I was thinking about St.Andrews or Abertay uni,Dundee.
Original post by paulina_95
Hi everyone, I just want to ask if anyone can give ma advice which uni I can choose for doing Management/ Business Studies/ Business Management/ Admin. I was thinking about St.Andrews or Abertay uni,Dundee.

St Andrews is very good for everything, but very competitive to get into. Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Glasgow are good too :smile:
Reply 2
Okay...I'm guessing you haven't really done any research. At all.

The best universities in Scotland (overall) are St.Andrews, Edinburgh,and Glasgow. The next tier down includes Herriot-Watt, Strathclyde, and Dundee. They all offer a business course of some nature.

Unless you have a very good academic record, and are overall, are a very good applicant, the likelihood of getting into the top 3 is low. You have a slightly better chance with the next 3, but it all depends on what your grades are like and how strong your application is. For example, the top 3 would be looking for the likes of AAAAAA, whereas the next 3 would be looking for the likes of AAABBB. Of course, each uni has slightly different requirements. (This is over 2 sittings).

For business specifically, the best universities are again, those top uni's, with only Robert Gordon displacing Dundee. Robert Gordon's stated requirements are ABBB but would think they are realistically more like AABBB.

The likes of Abertay Dundee is easier to get into, I think you need BBBC or something like that.

I'd advise you to do some thorough research.
Reply 3
hi, thanks for your replays! I did research but i wanted to hear what other people say, it not just about statistics, its about personal opinion.

I am currently doing HNC Admin. and i don't have any highers just one int2 and the rest are int1 and standard grades.

I will consider your opinions thanks:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by paulina_95
hi, thanks for your replays! I did research but i wanted to hear what other people say, it not just about statistics, its about personal opinion.

I am currently doing HNC Admin. and i don't have any highers just one int2 and the rest are int1 and standard grades.

I will consider your opinions thanks:smile:

Good luck...

Quick Reply

Latest