The Student Room Group

Medicine - armed forces

Hi,

I am considering looking at applying for an armed forces bursary and wondered if you have done a degree already are you still eligible to apply?
Reply 1
Original post by Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
Hi,

I am considering looking at applying for an armed forces bursary and wondered if you have done a degree already are you still eligible to apply?

I would have thought so, try emailing them, they are quiet helpful.

Online chat just ask any questions about the army med and they would be able to help you.

I am considering that route too. But I applied this year so waiting to here back in a few weeks time hopefully. Need to get my fitness up to scratch.
Original post by Ama2007
I would have thought so, try emailing them, they are quiet helpful.

Online chat just ask any questions about the army med and they would be able to help you.

I am considering that route too. But I applied this year so waiting to here back in a few weeks time hopefully. Need to get my fitness up to scratch.

Thankyou for your reply. How do you go about applying, what is the application process like? I spoke to someone last night actually and they were helpful, i was concerned I could'nt apply as it will be my second degree but they seemed to think it didn't matter.
So can you apply before you have started? Did you apply for med last year? I got a horrendous ukcat so looking at all 5 year and I have always thought about the army but everyone tried to put me off till now.
I see your looking at leeds, do you know how they use ukcat? They seem to be quite vague.

xxx
Reply 3
Original post by Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
Thankyou for your reply. How do you go about applying, what is the application process like? I spoke to someone last night actually and they were helpful, i was concerned I could'nt apply as it will be my second degree but they seemed to think it didn't matter.
So can you apply before you have started? Did you apply for med last year? I got a horrendous ukcat so looking at all 5 year and I have always thought about the army but everyone tried to put me off till now.
I see your looking at leeds, do you know how they use ukcat? They seem to be quite vague.

xxx

Sorry i didnt make it clear.

I applied to get a job as a pharmacist while I am applying to medicine. I applied last year to medicine not to the army. This year I am applying to medicine but looking to find a job while waiting responses from uni. I know they do contract of 3 years with the army. But to be honest, I am just giving it ago I might not like it. I havent applied to funding my degree yet and dont know much about it.

What was your UKCAT if you dont mind me asking?

Mines was 640, leeds are pretty secretive but I dont have much choice so thats why am going for leeds. Plus I did the GAMSAT so will just need to wait and see.

What unis are looking at?
Original post by Ama2007
Sorry i didnt make it clear.

I applied to get a job as a pharmacist while I am applying to medicine. I applied last year to medicine not to the army. This year I am applying to medicine but looking to find a job while waiting responses from uni. I know they do contract of 3 years with the army. But to be honest, I am just giving it ago I might not like it. I havent applied to funding my degree yet and dont know much about it.

What was your UKCAT if you dont mind me asking?

Mines was 640, leeds are pretty secretive but I dont have much choice so thats why am going for leeds. Plus I did the GAMSAT so will just need to wait and see.

What unis are looking at?

Oh so you applied for a pharmacy job in the army. I'm looking into the Navy, RAF and Army. Will maybe apply and see what happens, some only fund in years 3,4,5 and a bursary in 1 and 2. I need to look into it a lot to. I was also thinking of applying and seeing if i could defer if i got an offer.

an embarrasing 605, absolutely shocked. I think i overprepared, had several books and on the day i knew how much pressure i was under and crashed. I got band 1 also. I'm looking at Keele, Leeds, Lancaster then maybe QUB or Edinburgh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending