The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Sunderland Applicants (2014 start)

Scroll to see replies

Received conditional for events management today!
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Conditional for Social Work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Got a conditional for Biomedical Science.

I'm a bit hesitant to accept though, I really want to do healthcare science but Sunderland doesn't guarantee places for it, and you have to transfer on to it after the first year. I'm waiting on an offer from UcLan for Healthcare Science, but it's more expensive and further from home. :/
i got an offer from here for pharmacy
idk if i like the uni though
Reply 64
Original post by pureandmodest
i got an offer from here for pharmacy
idk if i like the uni though

Hi and congratulations I'm a final year student studying pharmacy in Uni of Sunderland and it's real fun! Lecturers are very friendly and lab facilities are well equipped. They also offer placements to community and hospital pharmacies for hands-on experience and exposure ) uni offers a lot of activities within the clubs and societies & I'm pretty sure you'll like it here!
Original post by Natasha K
Hi and congratulations I'm a final year student studying pharmacy in Uni of Sunderland and it's real fun! Lecturers are very friendly and lab facilities are well equipped. They also offer placements to community and hospital pharmacies for hands-on experience and exposure ) uni offers a lot of activities within the clubs and societies & I'm pretty sure you'll like it here!

it's just the area... i've never been so up north and i'm not sure if i'd like it there...
also, haven't they changed the course slightly there?
Reply 66
Original post by pureandmodest
it's just the area... i've never been so up north and i'm not sure if i'd like it there...
also, haven't they changed the course slightly there?

Well it's rather cold up here but the people are really friendly. Small place so you tend to bump into people you already know. There's loads you can do here like going to the beach,musical plays, theater etc. Come see for yourself by attending the open days :smile: http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/ug/opendays/
Also, it's only a 3 hour train ride to London.

And yea, the program has changed slightly (integrated learning systems) where you get to learn more clinical stuff as the duties of pharmacists are expanding in the NHS. I'm one of the student bloggers representing Uni of Sunderland so if you'd like to see how is it like studying here, you can check us out on: http://livesonline.sunderland.ac.uk/ (Both Anna and myself are pharmacy students so just click on our names and read our blogs if you're interested). Hope you'll find this useful!
I received an unconditional for the Media, Culture and Communications course :biggrin:
Anyone else going to be studying this?
Reply 68
applied for psychology with criminology, no offer/rejection yet
Reply 69
Original post by grace1011
Haven't got an offer as yet but been invited to an 'applicants day' on 5th March for Journalism applicants, does anyone know if that means they'll eventually give me an offer? I live about 6 hours drive away from Sunderland, it's easier and cheaper to fly, I was wondering if it will jeopardise my place if I don't go to this thing.

Heya, I also got an email about this journalism applicant day thing on 5th March (applied for fashion journalism) and I read that its just a day for journalism students to get to know the place and the course, so I'm sure it won't have much of an impact on whether you get in or not. Its weird that they haven't yet offered you a place as they have done for me....maybe contact them just to clear things up? :smile:
Reply 70
Tourism Management !! <3
Reply 71
business and human resources :smile: i have selected sunderland uni as my firm choice :smile:
anyone doing business management BA starting this year?
Reply 73
I wish I'd hear back from Sunderland, feeling rather sad as I'd love to go there! ...Other folk on my access course have already had an interview, lucky ducks!
Reply 74
Anybody staying at The Forge? Im in Marr House, Flat 89, Block 11
Reply 75
Is anyone going to the applied science applicant day for pharmacy on the 26th????
Firmed Sunderland for Social Work! :biggrin: applied for Scotia Quay for accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Extended Computing!
Reply 78
Going to Sunderland to study business and sociology, will be living in panns bank flat 22, :smile:
Original post by BethanyMW
Going to Sunderland to study business and sociology, will be living in panns bank flat 22, :smile:

How do you know your accommodation? Have you got an unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending