The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
If youre not overly fond of your accommodation choice but still don't really mind it (i.e. Second choice) can you ring in and see if they'll change it?

And (another question, sorry :tongue: ) whats the difference between a quiet room and 'general' one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I got an unconditional at lancaster today! Got my accommodation email aswell, ive deposited £200 for lonsdale superior ensuite! :biggrin:
Is there any way to know what floor/room you're in for your accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1163
Original post by YorkshireLad.
Is there any way to know what floor/room you're in for your accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately not it seems :frown: what college are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kdlair
Unfortunately not it seems :frown: what college are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lonsdale :smile: I emailed the accommodation officer of Lonsdale and she said you only find out on arrivals day - not sure why though.
Is there any existing thread for Lonsdale Freshers? A neglected group? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1166
Original post by YorkshireLad.
Lonsdale :smile: I emailed the accommodation officer of Lonsdale and she said you only find out on arrivals day - not sure why though.

No I don't understand either, Lancasters sorting of accommodation is naff to be honest, it'd be great to get to know flatmates beforehand :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I'm currently studying in romania, here we have grades from 1 to 10 ( I think that 10 means A* since its the max grade you can get ) and in the past i was pretty lazy and know I started studying to get high grades in order to apply to lancaster university that is my first choice, i have many friends living there, i visited it too and i really loved it.
This month i will apply for marketing and the entry criterie for marketing on the site is AAB. I wanted to ask you that if i will get a lower grade, they can still reconsider the offer and let me in ?
And about the personal statement, how is best to do it? formal or informal? and it's ok if i will talk about all my life? like what i did in school, my volunteering activity, my sports activities ect?
Original post by Thunderr
Hello, I'm currently studying in romania, here we have grades from 1 to 10 ( I think that 10 means A* since its the max grade you can get ) and in the past i was pretty lazy and know I started studying to get high grades in order to apply to lancaster university that is my first choice, i have many friends living there, i visited it too and i really loved it.
This month i will apply for marketing and the entry criterie for marketing on the site is AAB. I wanted to ask you that if i will get a lower grade, they can still reconsider the offer and let me in ?
And about the personal statement, how is best to do it? formal or informal? and it's ok if i will talk about all my life? like what i did in school, my volunteering activity, my sports activities ect?

Hi! If you get a little lower than the grade boundaries having done A levels they often do still let you in, and I don't really know why this wouldn't transfer to Romanian qualifications. There's no guarantee of this though, and it's unlikely in competitive courses. Try asking in the lancaster admissions team official Q&A on this forum - they'll be able to give you a much better answer or direct you to someone who can.

Regarding personal statements - they should generally be pretty formal in the way that they're written. Most of it should be about the subject - why you want to study it, parts that particularly interest you, how you've shown your commitment to the subject e.g. books you've read, courses you've been on... Basically, you're telling the university how interested you are in the course and why they should choose you to study this over all of the other people. It's fine to put one paragraph in there about things like volunteering and sports, especially if you link it to the skills that those activities have given you, but it shouldn't be the focus :smile: You can probably get some better advice over here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1083
wow! welcome guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending