The Student Room Group

The 2014 FCA Graduate Development Programme thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deejay10
Just found out I passed the telephone interview! Waiting on an assessment centre invite.

Hey! I've just been offered a telephone interview next week - any tips on what kind of questions can I expect?
Reply 41
Original post by yorkshiretea
Hey! I've just been offered a telephone interview next week - any tips on what kind of questions can I expect?

research the role of the FCA extensively, and be prepared to talk about some business issues and commercial awareness that relates to their recent work.
Reply 42
research the role of the FCA extensively, and be prepared to talk about some business issues and commercial awareness that relates to their recent work.

I didn't pass the motivational questions. I'm a bit puzzled, I have studied financial regulation for quite some time and I think I gave very specific answers to the regulatory challenges the FCA faces next year and what I could contribute.

I have a feeling these forms are red by a psychologist and they were looking for something they did not fiind, but don't understand what. The questions were very general, and much more about the FCA than about the candidate's personal history.

Thank you!
Reply 44
Original post by umbe18
I didn't pass the motivational questions. I'm a bit puzzled, I have studied financial regulation for quite some time and I think I gave very specific answers to the regulatory challenges the FCA faces next year and what I could contribute.

I have a feeling these forms are red by a psychologist and they were looking for something they did not fiind, but don't understand what. The questions were very general, and much more about the FCA than about the candidate's personal history.

How did you know you don't pass the motivational test ? Did they tell you this?
Reply 45
Just found out I passed the telephone interview! Waiting on an assessment centre invite.

i got through to the assessment day, however I am yet to receive the invite for the day. have you received yours
Reply 46
I'm through to an assessment centre also, may see some of you there. Got the email 20 minutes after I finished my phone interview, haha :smile:
I got talking to the lady that interviewed me at the end and she took my exam dates so I won't be invited to an assessment centre on those days, phew.
Hopefully they won't coincide anyway if you guys have exams!
Reply 47
I am also through to the assessment day. However I am not 100% sure on the set up as this is the first year of FCA graduate scheme rather than FSA so everything I read online is a bit out.

I am hoping it is only one assessment day rather than two.

does anyone know an estimated date or the set up of the day?
Reply 48
I've also go through the AC. Mine is on the 16th Jan. Anyone have the same date? I don't really know what to expect in terms of the analytical or group exercises. Everything seems to be a bit outdated online. Does anyone have a better idea?
Reply 49
Original post by jrana20
I've also go through the AC. Mine is on the 16th Jan. Anyone have the same date? I don't really know what to expect in terms of the analytical or group exercises. Everything seems to be a bit outdated online. Does anyone have a better idea?

when di dyou hear about the assessment day?
Reply 50
Will there be one assessment day or two??
Still yet to hear about an assessment day date! How many of you have heard?
Reply 52
Original post by Individual
Still yet to hear about an assessment day date! How many of you have heard?

I heard today.

My AC will be on 14th Jan.
Reply 53
I heard today.

My AC will be on 14th Jan.

Hey, can you tell me if it is a full day or a half day?
Reply 54
I'm going on the 23rd Jan, the time is 8.30am - 3.30pm, so yes a full day really.
Reply 55
Original post by Boydyhere
I'm going on the 23rd Jan, the time is 8.30am - 3.30pm, so yes a full day really.

Did they phone you or email you? I passed the telephone stage late november and haven't heard a thing back, the suspense is killing me
Reply 56
Original post by nb206
Did they phone you or email you? I passed the telephone stage late november and haven't heard a thing back, the suspense is killing me

Emailed, and then you book your slot on the graduate portal. I only had the one option though, so maybe log in and check the 'scheduled slots' part on the site.
Reply 57
Original post by Boydyhere
Emailed, and then you book your slot on the graduate portal. I only had the one option though, so maybe log in and check the 'scheduled slots' part on the site.

Ahh ok, still nothing for me yet
I just want to know. I guess we will all be in the same boat but does anyone else feel like they are going into this assessment center blind?
Reply 59
Yes completely blind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending