The Student Room Group

Can I get into university with 2 A levels?

:mad: time to panic :eek: - i'm doing two A Levels and am predicted CC can I still get into a Uni? I was previously looking at comp science at a middle positioned Uni - but this now seems a dream?! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by SJ.1
:mad: time to panic :eek: - i'm doing two A Levels and am predicted CC can I still get into a Uni? I was previously looking at comp science at a middle positioned Uni - but this now seems a dream?! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

It's possible in theory, but you will be limiting yourself with only 2 A levels, as most universities now ask for 3 A levels (or equivalent). You'd have to look mostly at universities that ask for UCAS points. CC gives you 160 UCAS points. Have you got any additional AS levels to bump up your points a bit? It might also be worth picking up an extra AS level or leaving it another year to do some more A levels (or another qualification such as a BTEC). If you don't fancy that you could consider doing a foundation year at university, as these will usually have lower entry requirements.
Reply 2
Foundation degree? You can then top this up to make it a degree.
Reply 3
most low ranked universities ask for 2 a levels minimum; if they are not your ideal places try foundation year or foundation degree, there are lots of options :smile:
Reply 4
Firstly, thanks for the replies highly appreciated !!!:smile: Secondly I have a AS level in a language that I got a C in and i'm doing EPQ (not sure if its actually recognized??) - I was looking at Sussex/Southampton , kent and others for computing that want around 320 points BUT this now seems a long shot... do these Unis do a Foundation year for computing?!
Reply 5
Does any body know if the foundation year cost is???:confused: In previous years it was around £2500 or less but how much is it today???? - I would prefer if I can get into a Unis with lower entry grades compared that do entry on points:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending