The Student Room Group

Rate the following universities socially

University of Kent
Loughborough University
University of Surrey

Which of these universities/cities would be the best city to live in and why? (don't want to be stuck in a ****hole for 4 years) thanksssss :smile:
Reply 1
University is for education.
Reply 2
yes dad..
Reply 3
Original post by jermainegolley
University of Kent
Loughborough University
University of Surrey

Which of these universities/cities would be the best city to live in and why? (don't want to be stuck in a ****hole for 4 years) thanksssss :smile:

well Lougborough isn't a city whilst Kent & Surrey are both small cities. If you want the full city experience then choose somewhere like Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham or Leeds.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
well Lougborough isn't a city whilst Kent & Surrey are both small cities. If you want the full city experience then choose somewhere like Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham or Leeds.

Yeah but i'm already applying to bristol and london as my top choices but i can't decide on my 5th choice uni. they're all decent academically so which ones out of surrey, kent and loughborough would be the best to live in for 4 years?
thanks for the reply
Reply 5
Original post by jermainegolley
Yeah but i'm already applying to bristol and london as my top choices but i can't decide on my 5th choice uni. they're all decent academically so which ones out of surrey, kent and loughborough would be the best to live in for 4 years?
thanks for the reply

thats fair enough then. Well Lougborough is really sporty so if you want sports then thats the place to go. Of the others I think Canterbury probally just edges out Guildford for student life IMO.
Reply 6
Original post by ddtown
University is for education.

No point being 'educated' in an environment you're not happy in. Having a good social environment is what a lot of people would argue makes them happier, so yeah it kinda is important.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jelly1000
thats fair enough then. Well Lougborough is really sporty so if you want sports then thats the place to go. Of the others I think Canterbury probally just edges out Guildford for student life IMO.

alright thanks for the info :smile:
Loughborough is tiny as uni towns go, but very good if you want to play sport at a high level on an extra-curricular basis. There is (IIRC) only one club in town + the SU, so the nightlife is not exactly thriving. When I visited there on a post-offer open day, their student ambassadors were at pains to tell us what a good social / night life they were having. To be honest, it was rather a case of 'I think the lady doth protest too much' - they told us how great it was so many times that I stopped believing it. They do heavily promote how quickly you can get to Derby, Nottingham and Leicester though...
Reply 9
I think Kents probably the most social out of those...they're all smaller so not gonna have so much of a crazy nightlife or clubs or that, but my friend is at Kent atm and there's flat parties all the time because everyone is in halls which are all next to each other!
thanks for the replies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending