The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FP? Dunno about that, but SII exams will, from the things I've heard, make it a lot easier to get in. They cost £100+ for each paper however, and reading material is many multiple times more expensive unless you get 2nd hand off ebay.
The FPs are more for retail bankers advising on mortgages or something. I think. Look 'em up...
So they wouldn't look impressive on a CV for IB? I'm thinking in terms of letting them know you have an interest in finance and such like...
IBers hold retail bankers in the same regard as back office staff. So no I would guess. I dunno but I imagine said qualifications are expensive to take. Why not just do SII?
Where can one find information about SII?
On their website, though which exams depends on sector you want to work in. For tradings I think its financial regulations, securities and derivatives.
lutionium
So they wouldn't look impressive on a CV for IB? I'm thinking in terms of letting them know you have an interest in finance and such like...

Why do it on the CV when you can do it to the people reading it?

Network... when you drop in the CV/app form, let the people who you are chatting to over time know you have sent it in. They'll be the judge of your interest from how you communicate with them.

edit: Yeah, SII will do it too. Among other things like a related degree, extracurrics etc.
:eek: It takes 18 months - 2 years to complete SII ! I thought it would be something that you could do in a few months! Ah well....
Err, you can do it in a few months... it is what the bankers do. Just that the banks cover the thousands of pounds of additional lessons for them...

Just take 1 of the exams.
I thought it said you needed to take 3 to get the diploma?
You do, but to impress and show interest doesn't require you take all, as banks will also be aware of the monetary contraints of a student.
Ok, good thinking. I might look into it a bit further, will probably just stick to normal EC though! How favourably might IBs look upon people who have taken such examinations?
I dunno, but people have said it can be very impressive. The exams require a lot of work (moslty memorising stuff) and not everyone has done these exams. So its just 1 thing to distinguish yourself with.
If it's just memorising stuff then I think I might have a bash at it. Memorising stuff is my speciality! :wink:
Fair enough
What Do The Fp Exams Involve
Browneyedboi
What Do The Fp Exams Involve

Don't know for sure, but probably a whole load of memorising as well one would guess.
surely not memorising is minor, anyone can do it
Browneyedboi
surely not memorising is minor, anyone can do it

Each exam has 50,000 questions and answers? 5 hour exam? 70% pass mark? It is something like that.

Only something like 8 weeks to learn it all while doing fulltime hours and other training. 3 exams to do...

Latest

Trending

Trending