The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Uncle_fish
I've only played it for about 10 minutes this afternoon and then I went out only got in about 20 minutes ago and i'm going at 1 so might start at the weekend or some time next week.

i illegally downloaded it on wednesday night as it was leaked.. but im off to buy it now..

i started with my beloved newcastle (always do first game) 125k to spend :frown:

Sold Dyer for £3.1m Bramble for £1m and Loaned Out O'Brien.. 4 games in.. and im unbeaten, 3 wins and a draw.. Also through to first round of UEFA Cup. :smile:

Keep posting good players yous have found.. im struggling to find any at the minute!
I'm using Aston Villa to start with then will try a tiny club. I've signed Landon Donavon from LA and Carlos Ruiz from Dallas not played them yet only just got a work permit and no more games before I play Wigan in the Prem just noticed i've hardly got any MR and i've got no money left :frown:

If you want a decent cheapish striker go for Finnbogason from Celtic he was good for me in FM2006 you might have to have the Scotish league active know because i think hes in the reserves.
Reply 382
Uncle_fish
I'm using Aston Villa to start with then will try a tiny club. I've signed Landon Donavon from LA and Carlos Ruiz from Dallas not played them yet only just got a work permit and no more games before I play Wigan in the Prem just noticed i've hardly got any MR and i've got no money left :frown:

If you want a decent cheapish striker go for Finnbogason from Celtic he was good for me in FM2006 you might have to have the Scotish league active know because i think hes in the reserves.

I dont know if i can really be arsed to manage Newcastle... first season is always so boring.. and ive NO money to spend... £1.7m on Zayaletta my only signing!
samba
First "Find"

Name: Jorge Valdivia
Position: AMC
Nationality: Chile
Club: Colo Colo/ Palmeiras
Cost: 600k / 7.25m

I'm pretty sure I loaned him while I was Gretna manager on FM2006.
Reply 384
Anyone know of a football manager 07 game starting online with some spaces? please lemme know by email
[email protected]
Reply 385
Anyone know of a football manager 07 game starting online with some spaces? please lemme know by email
[email protected]
My computer must be so crap because FM2007 runs sooooo slowly on it. Already got massive problems at Man Utd, Ferdinand is missing training because I rejected Chelsea's offer of £13 million for him, and then rejected an enquiry from Real Madrid; and Wayne Rooney has scored a grand total of 1 goal in about 8 games. Good job Saha's scored about 7/8 :p:
Reply 387
olliemccowan
My computer must be so crap because FM2007 runs sooooo slowly on it. Already got massive problems at Man Utd, Ferdinand is missing training because I rejected Chelsea's offer of £13 million for him, and then rejected an enquiry from Real Madrid; and Wayne Rooney has scored a grand total of 1 goal in about 8 games. Good job Saha's scored about 7/8 :p:

i sold Rio to Chelsea for 30 Million :biggrin:

Vidic is class!
#2(Laika)
i sold Rio to Chelsea for 30 Million :biggrin:

Vidic is class!

Yeah Vidic is pretty good actually. I rejected their offer of £13 million but did the Offer to Clubs for £25 million and have not received any offers.
Reply 389
olliemccowan
Yeah Vidic is pretty good actually. I rejected their offer of £13 million but did the Offer to Clubs for £25 million and have not received any offers.

I cant seem to get my 442 to work, 433 seems to suit my United team better, what about you?
#2(Laika)
I cant seem to get my 442 to work, 433 seems to suit my United team better, what about you?

I know what you mean. Well I played 4-4-2 all the way through pre-season and scored about 20 goals, conceding only 1 (couple of 5-0 away wins to a crap German side and then Wolfsburg), so I though that it was an ideal formation.

However, I began to realise there might be a problem when the Premiership started. Only just beat Sheff Utd at home 4-3 (Saha hat trick), got a last minute of injury time equaliser (Evra header from a corner :biggrin:) at Villa to draw 1-1, and then beat someone else by one goal. I'm not having that many chances in any of the games though, I might try 4-3-3.

Who do you play as the 3 midfielders and 3 strikers? I've signed Nani from Sporting Lisbon (was worth £5mil, paid £13mil and his value is now £15mil a month into the game :smile:), so I've got a pretty good squad I think.
Reply 391
olliemccowan
I know what you mean. Well I played 4-4-2 all the way through pre-season and scored about 20 goals, conceding only 1 (couple of 5-0 away wins to a crap German side and then Wolfsburg), so I though that it was an ideal formation.

However, I began to realise there might be a problem when the Premiership started. Only just beat Sheff Utd at home 4-3 (Saha hat trick), got a last minute of injury time equaliser (Evra header from a corner :biggrin:) at Villa to draw 1-1, and then beat someone else by one goal. I'm not having that many chances in any of the games though, I might try 4-3-3.

Who do you play as the 3 midfielders and 3 strikers? I've signed Nani from Sporting Lisbon (was worth £5mil, paid £13mil and his value is now £15mil a month into the game :smile:), so I've got a pretty good squad I think.

I play:

Carrick-Hargreaves-Scholes

Ronaldo-Saha-Rooney
Ahh you managed to get Hargreaves? I offered £15 million for him and they rejected it so I gave up in the end :p: Or did you use some of the Ferdinand transfer money?
Reply 393
olliemccowan
Ahh you managed to get Hargreaves? I offered £15 million for him and they rejected it so I gave up in the end :p: Or did you use some of the Ferdinand transfer money?

Yeh i had to pay 25 Million for him, i used the money i got from Rio :biggrin:
#2(Laika)
Yeh i had to pay 25 Million for him, i used the money i got from Rio :biggrin:

Makes sense really, although £25 million is a hefty chunk of money :p: What's the deal with United's £17 million transfer budget though? That's surely way off the truth?
Reply 395
olliemccowan

I also signed Nani for my Lyon squad - only 9 million though. Started badly but then came good. Currently my best winger.
Reply 396
olliemccowan
Makes sense really, although £25 million is a hefty chunk of money :p: What's the deal with United's £17 million transfer budget though? That's surely way off the truth?

I know, a bit annoying.

25 Million was probably a lot, but i had the money so why not :smile:
Reply 397
Still Unbeaten with Newcastle. Just masterminded superb victories over Man Utd (1-0) and Arsenal (2-0) and drew with Charlton 1-1..

im in 3rd place.. Not bad for a team i inherited..

Transfers.
In.
Zayaletta. Juventus. £1.9m
Danny Mills. Man City. £1.5m
Out.
Kieron Dyer. Boro. £3.1m
Titus Bramble. Everton. £1m.
Reply 398
Whoa, hello lovely people :biggrin: Loads of observations to make!

I'm currently in my 2nd season with manchester utd, and doing ok for myself :smile:

My formation is a 4-1-2-1-2 custom one. It's not THAT good, but it does the job nicely. Currently 56 points from 21 games in season 2. Finished with 87 in season 1, and won the champions league. (knocked out of both domestic cups quite early)

Training is interesting and pretty much the same, and the new scouting module is useful, if limited in scope.

- You need LOTS of 1st team coaches..the difference is now not all your coaches work on both teams.

- Finances with a club like Man Utd is REALLY too easy..all you need to do is request feeder clubs and take the ones in the USA and Japan on. I'm currently earning 15m/month in merchandising from that. Big profit across the board. I havn't tried it with a smaller club yet, but I imagine it'll work.

- Signing players takes more effort

- There seems to be a lot of late goals scored.

I'll put up my preliminary training and tactics here now, though they will be a very rough thingy :smile: 3 More seasons with man utd and then i'll be moving to a C2C side for 5 in Italy, then back to the conference. Should take a few weeks in all We'll see what happens :smile:
Reply 399
olliemccowan
My computer must be so crap because FM2007 runs sooooo slowly on it.
That's a bit of a surprise to me - FM2007 runs faster for me than FM2006 did :smile:

I'm currently playing as Raceview Rangers, who were promoted to the Northern Irish Second Division in 2007 in my game (I started off unemployed and went on holiday for a year, so that the game would be more random when I started playing :smile:). Been winning most of my games, which isn't too bad considering they've mostly been First Division teams I've been facing in cups (with odds of 30-1 to win, compared with their 1-20 to win :biggrin:), but I'm up against it in my next game - I'm in the group stages of the Intermediates League Cup, with one game to go. Top two teams go through, I'm currently second and one point ahead of the team in third...the downside is that they're a first division team, they're my final opponents and my speedy right winger just HAD to get himself sent off in the game before it :argh:

Latest