The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RTC
No Cahill is expensive (Well he isn't but for teams like Matlock he is) but he is worth the money.

Maybe he might be interested in joining on loan.

I've only got 1.7k transfer funds :frown:
Reply 4281
Been playing this since CM 01/02. Just got the new FM 09. Looking for network games atm.
Reply 4282
FCUtdWill
Maybe he might be interested in joining on loan.

I've only got 1.7k transfer funds :frown:

Yes get him on loan :smile:
RTC
Yes get him on loan :smile:

Trying to loan him.

Playing my 4th friendly of the season, at home to Welshpool Town.

Previous friendlies have been a 4-3 win over Lancaster City, a 1-0 home defeat to Wycombe and a 4-0 home win over Chippenham Town.
Reply 4284
RTC
Try somebody who is coming through the youth ranks always a good source for players :smile:.

I'd rather have a player who's good :p: Youth players dropped from Premiership/Championship teams are much better than the youngsters I could pick up from my own Blue Square South youth ranks :p: Besides, I may be quibbling over £100 but the guy I'm dropping was only on £65 and I'm still a bit under my wage budget.
Reply 4285
Dalimyr
I'd rather have a player who's good :p: Youth players dropped from Premiership/Championship teams are much better than the youngsters I could pick up from my own Blue Square South youth ranks :p: Besides, I may be quibbling over £100 but the guy I'm dropping was only on £65 and I'm still a bit under my wage budget.

:laugh: :rofl:

I have had one decent BSS youth player before, but other than that they are generally terrible!

I'm on 9th April 2011, have just got the the 10 hour mark. So so slow!

I am going to go to May 2017, that should let me use my real DOB (6/5/91) I think!?

I'll also save a backup when I get there, so I can start any future games from 2017 without having to sim it if I get bored of the current one!

I was hoping my laptop hard drive would turn up tomorrow so it can process quicker, then I remembered that tomorrow is Sunday! :banghead:
Reply 4286
Zack
:laugh: :rofl:

I have had one decent BSS youth player before, but other than that they are generally terrible!

I'm on 9th April 2011, have just got the the 10 hour mark. So so slow!

I am going to go to May 2017, that should let me use my real DOB (6/5/91) I think!?

I'll also save a backup when I get there, so I can start any future games from 2017 without having to sim it if I get bored of the current one!

I was hoping my laptop hard drive would turn up tomorrow so it can process quicker, then I remembered that tomorrow is Sunday! :banghead:

6/5/16 is as far as you'll need to go; saves you simming an extra season :p:
Malcolm Christie and Tom Cahill from Leeds and Rotherham reject moves to FC United :frown:

I've signed enough players tbf for this season. Shall be a good year and I hope to be in the top half of the table at the end of the season.
Reply 4288
Dalimyr
6/5/16 is as far as you'll need to go; saves you simming an extra season :p:

Haha!! Thanks! I'll put that down to me being tired! :p:

It's letting me go to 2015 now, so before I go to bed I'll get it to sim to May 2016. It might be done by the morning (it's running at the moment and making my computer so slow!). Can't play til Monday, when I hopefully get the hard drive, anyway. I might go for England and spend the time scouting youth players, hiring/firing staff until I get who I want, just make sure I don't go to a match day.

Actually with the 2nd patch it might have fixed the lag on this computer (computer is slow compared to laptop, but still above spec, think it's the graphics card it doesn't like!), I'll give one game a go if I can. Should really be doing work! :p:

FCUtdWill
Malcolm Christie and Tom Cahill from Leeds and Rotherham reject moves to FC United :frown:

I've signed enough players tbf for this season. Shall be a good year and I hope to be in the top half of the table at the end of the season.

Good luck! Should be an interesting season
Reply 4289
FCUtdWill

Unlucky on the signings but it sounds like you have enough decent strikers anyway and as Zack said should be an interesting season.
Zack
Good luck! Should be an interesting season

Thanks, should be indeed.

RTC
Unlucky on the signings but it sounds like you have enough decent strikers anyway and as Zack said should be an interesting season.

Yeah, Matthew Walshaw to get the goals to get me to the Prem :p:

Finish the friendlies with 6 goals in 5 games. Matthew Higgins, his strike-partner also scored on his debut and he's 18 and looks good.

Just about to play my first league game at home to King's Lynn.
Reply 4291
FCUtdWill
Thanks, should be indeed.

Yeah, Matthew Walshaw to get the goals to get me to the Prem :p:

Finish the friendlies with 6 goals in 5 games. Matthew Higgins, his strike-partner also scored on his debut and he's 18 and looks good.

Just about to play my first league game at home to King's Lynn.

Well it doesn't sound like your short of goals lol.
My first league game couldn't have gone any better :smile:

FC United 2-1 King's Lynn
A fantastic performance from FC United saw them win their first game of the season. Ashley Higgins, signed in pre-season, scored on his debut after 39 minutes with a well timed close range finish. He got his and FC's second of the match on 53 minutes with a placed shot to make the home fans happy. Scott Mitchell pulled a goal back for the visitors on 55 minutes, but FC United held on for a famous win despite King's Lynn having a goal disallowed on 65 minutes and had to play the final ten minutes with club captain David Chadwick getting sent off for a professional foul. He will miss the away game at AFC Telford.
Reply 4293
Haha nice win!

I don't like the way FM implements the bans for lower league clubs though. All bans kick in a week later which is wrong, it should be 2 weeks :banghead:

I'm on 29th May 2014, so just under 2 years to go. This is after 22hours 40mins so far. I will prob leave it to sim for now as I'll be watching footie today, not really using computer, so should see when it's done (or soon afterwards). Hopefully my hard drive turns up tomorrow then I can get playing it!
Reply 4294
Ouch...reminds me of when I used to try to play Championship Manager 4 with all leagues turned on (took a day to load up a new game, and literally took an hour or more to load every time I clicked on Continue. Don't think I ever made it past pre-season :ninja:)
Dali, how long did you say I had to sim? I've done a sim of 5 years so far, made a new user and he was 9 years older than me; so does that mean I have to sim 9 more years?
Reply 4296
chernij
Dali, how long did you say I had to sim? I've done a sim of 5 years so far, made a new user and he was 9 years older than me; so does that mean I have to sim 9 more years?

Once you reach your 25th birthday you can stop :smile:
How long does it to take you to sim with your new computer?

Starting a network game tonight :cool:
Zack
Haha nice win!

I don't like the way FM implements the bans for lower league clubs though. All bans kick in a week later which is wrong, it should be 2 weeks :banghead:

I'm very pleased with the win, was a good result. Drew 1-1 against AFC Telford United in my next game, and they had won their opening game so happy with a point. Ashley Higgins with his 3rd goal of the season, before they equalised.

Yeah, can be annoying. But if I remember rightly, in some lower levels, they don't get banned for games, as they get banned for days. I can remember when FCUM in their first season, a player got sent off and was banned for 35 days. I didn't mind the red card actually because I've got plenty of defenders I can use, and David Chadwick collects a few cards anyway irl :p:
Dalimyr
Once you reach your 25th birthday you can stop :smile:

Brilliant OK :smile:
I just realised I've set it to sim until my 26th birthday in 2018... oh well :frown: I suppose an extra year of sim won't do any harm.

Latest