The Student Room Group

Will my grades be good enough?

Hi everyone,

after experiencing the continous and on going conversation about university in my house hold due to my sister's application period, I thought it was just about my time to start panicing....

I've recently moved schools to join a new sixth form (thank God). I'm taking RE, Drama, and Photography as AS Levels.

I hope to leave sixth form in 2015 and start at a university where I will hopefully study Nursing and Mental Health. The only problem is....after doing plenty of research in all different aspects of the course I desire to do, most of the requirements in all different universities express a social science or pure science grade is expected of the applicant...problem...I'm not doing a social science or science of any sort!

Although, I read that Nottingham Trent are slightly different in this matter; they require only 240 UCAS points from each applicant, which is great! But say for instance I don't get 240 UCAS points, or don't get in for another reason, there is almost no where else to go that will accept me on this course! (I think...)

So yeah, I'm slightly worried. Help!
Reply 1
Well if they say you need a social science, they probably won't accept you if you don't have one. Is there no social sciences you would like to do?
Is it too late to swap A-levels to take a science or a social science? Most applicants for nursing will have at least one, so not having one will put you at a disadvantage, even if it's not something the university specifically ask for. Also, the admissions requirements may change before next year.

It's always good to have as much choice as possible about where to apply to so I would explore your options of taking a science. If it is no longer possible to switch this year, would you consider re-starting your A-levels next year?
The whole point of them putting what subjects they want on the websites is so you read them. Not so you turn round and say 'but surely they dont mean me, surely they'll make an exception for me'.

So, since they arent going to make an exception for you, you'll either have to do some different A levels or do a different Uni course.
Original post by reginaldbright
The whole point of them putting what subjects they want on the websites is so you read them. Not so you turn round and say 'but surely they dont mean me, surely they'll make an exception for me'.

So, since they arent going to make an exception for you, you'll either have to do some different A levels or do a different Uni course.

Harshly put, but completely true.

Latest

Trending

Trending