The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Nursing @ dundee 2014

Hello! I have just applied for nursing at dundee university for sep 2014. Was just wondering who else has? Anyone from northern ireland? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm putting in an application for September 2014 for Adult nursing :smile:
What branch of nursing did you apply for?
Oh and I'm in the republic!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Hello :smile: yes i applied for mental health and adult! Lovley! Do you know when we find out? :smile:
Reply 3
That's lovely, I'm not really sure about when we find out but most unis say they hold interviews around March or earlier.
Have you applied to any other uni?
Hey I am applying for adult nursing at Dundee university! I sent my application off today! I was wondering if anyone had heard back? Or know when interviews will be? And what is everyone's grades? I have ABBC at Scottish highers so I hope to get an unconditional! Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey :smile: I applied for adult nursing for September 2014 at Dundee :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I'm also from NI and I applied for Adult Nursing in Dundee :smile: I'm quite nervous about moving away though! Lol xx
Reply 7
Hi there! im applying for adult nursing aswell from NI.. Its so nerve racking! have you heard anything? i got an email saying they wanted a second reference :-/ dont know if thats a good or bad thing, hopefully good! have you applied for queens or magee? i have for both and this is my third year applying!
Reply 8
I've had my interview at dundee for nursing :smile: had it last week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by BeckyH3
I've had my interview at dundee for nursing :smile: had it last week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get much notice? and how was it? ive been told it is very hard with so many different panels who ask you ridiculous questions but ive never been so i dont know what its like.
Reply 10
Original post by naomik_x
Did you get much notice? and how was it? ive been told it is very hard with so many different panels who ask you ridiculous questions but ive never been so i dont know what its like.

I had like 2-3 weeks notice!
Yeah it is quite hard, have like 4 different panels of different questions!
Have you applied for adult nursing at dundee or a different type of nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by BeckyH3
I had like 2-3 weeks notice!
Yeah it is quite hard, have like 4 different panels of different questions!
Have you applied for adult nursing at dundee or a different type of nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive applied for adult at dundee aswell and im hoping i get some sort of notification soon to ser if i have an interview or not because the money i have for flights n that is burning a hole in my pocket and i just want to spend it haha! fingers crossed because ive done so many nursing interviews before dundee wont be as bad, heres to hoping!
Has anyone heard back at all? I just got a rejection from Magee! Despite getting an interview from them last year and having an offer from Queens! Gutted :frown:
Has anyone heard back from Dundee about an interview? I am from Northern Ireland and I still haven't heard back! Also, does anyone know how competitive the places are? :smile:
Reply 14
Places are competitive. I went to the open day and I'm sure they said for child nursing last year they had either 400 or 500 applicants and only 35 got places๐Ÿ˜”
Original post by IslaMur
Places are competitive. I went to the open day and I'm sure they said for child nursing last year they had either 400 or 500 applicants and only 35 got places๐Ÿ˜”
Oh no :frown: especially with the low grades boundaries too. I'm thinking because I haven't heard back, it isn't looking too good :frown:
Reply 16
I have low grades too and I've still not heard back. Just try to stay positive, no news is maybe good news!
Reply 17
Original post by weebecks94
Oh no :frown: especially with the low grades boundaries too. I'm thinking because I haven't heard back, it isn't looking too good :frown:

Are you going to do child nursing or adult? Also, think about it, they need to let us know regardless of the outcome. Just stay positive:smile:
Reply 18
Has anyone heard back for children's nursing yet? I haven't and just seen the post about 400-500 people that had applied last year. Getting worried now!! :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Niamh843
Has anyone heard back for children's nursing yet? I haven't and just seen the post about 400-500 people that had applied last year. Getting worried now!! :/

I haven't. I don't think many people have though, I think it's more adult nursing that has been getting replies

Quick Reply

Latest