The Student Room Group

Is Strathclyde a target university?

Will be happy on any feedback :smile:
Reply 1
No. Traditional targets in UK for undergrad: Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick, LSE (not in that particular order).
It depends on what you want to study, what your predictions are et al.
I can't say yes and I can't say no without further information I'm afraid :smile:
It's not, no. But I'm sure the top 1% of candidates there can make it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Strathclyde is usually ranked among the top 5 UK universities for Acc & Finance (often ahead of LSE) :smile:.

I know it is relatively easy to get a job at a Big4 company, but haven't heard anything about IB.
Reply 5
Original post by Lannister
Strathclyde is usually ranked among the top 5 UK universities for Acc & Finance (often ahead of LSE) :smile:.

I know it is relatively easy to get a job at a Big4 company, but haven't heard anything about IB.

Most of what you have said is inaccurate.

Unfortunately Strathclyde isn't a target. However it would be wrong to say that your chances are none existant. I can't see why very strong Strathclyde grads can't get into IB (the same can be said for any university in the UK).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Selym95
Most of what you have said is inaccurate.

Unfortunately Strathclyde isn't a target. However it would be wrong to say that your chances are none existant. I can't see why very strong Strathclyde grads can't get into IB (the same can be said for any university in the UK).

How is that inaccurate?
Reply 7
How is that inaccurate?

I've never seen it ranked above the LSE. Yes, in the past two years Strathclyde has been in the top 5 ranked universities for A&F by the complete university guide, but this has very little correlation to how IBanks, or indeed any other potential employer views them. Most users on TSR are pretty good at realising any university rankings need to be taken with a pinch of salt, a large one at that.

It is not easy at all to get into a Big 4 at all, unfortunately. I wouldn't even say it's much easier than IBD.
Reply 8
Original post by Selym95
I've never seen it ranked above the LSE. Yes, in the past two years Strathclyde has been in the top 5 ranked universities for A&F by the complete university guide, but this has very little correlation to how IBanks, or indeed any other potential employer views them. Most users on TSR are pretty good at realising any university rankings need to be taken with a pinch of salt, a large one at that.

It is not easy at all to get into a Big 4 at all, unfortunately. I wouldn't even say it's much easier than IBD.

I agree with this.

To call it "easy" to get into the Big 4 is a bit deluded....

Nowadays you need to be a good candidate to get anything....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending