The Student Room Group

Eating same food everyday

Is it weird that I eat the following everyday with no variation:

Cheese and onion pasties

Spaghetti Korma Mixed Veg

Tuna&Sweetcorn/Chicken&mayonaise sandwich

Redbush/Earl Grey

I could easily buy other things, but I dont eat beef and pork so no steak and onion or cornish. I do tend to fall into eating routines - these change occasionally but at Birmingham uni for instance I ate pork sausages steak pies and the same spaghetti mix daily. Its rare for me to deviate from this. I am very health conscious so that limits my choices severely (no sugary foods etc)
Original post by gongdnnnng

Cheese and onion pasties

Redbush/Earl Grey

I could easily buy other things, but I dont eat beef and pork so no steak and onion or cornish. I do tend to fall into eating routines - these change occasionally but at Birmingham uni for instance I ate pork sausages steak pies and the same spaghetti mix daily. Its rare for me to deviate from this. I am very health conscious so that limits my choices severely (no sugary foods etc)

Claims to be health conscious

Eats cheese and onion pasties, pork sausages, steak pies, spaghetti korma mixed veg (wat) every day..
Reply 2
Original post by marcus2001
Claims to be health conscious

Eats cheese and onion pasties, pork sausages, steak pies, spaghetti korma mixed veg (wat) every day..

I dont eat beef or pork anymore. I dont even eat "mixed veg" - I buy the same combination of vegetables from the local tesco. Spaghetti (fusilli) and patak's korma are not unhealthy either.

Health conscious is more about what I DONT eat. High Sugar High Fat (in excess) High Salt etc
High Fat (in excess) High Salt etc

...and you eat pasties every day :confused:

In general, if you were to consume a good balance of nutrients from your meals, then eating the same meals every day would be fine. But to eat the same crap that you're currently eating, every day... your health will suffer, guaranteed.
Reply 4
Im sorry whats "crap" about spaghetti vegatables korma sauce and tuna sweetcorn/chicken mayonaise???
Patak's Korma Sauce contains 49% of your daily saturates, and 25% of your daily fats if you eat 1 quarter of the jar. That's not healthy at all, and everyday, wow.

http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/korma-cooking-sauce.aspx

A 'crap' diet is a diet that isn't varied and nutritious. For example eating a diet of lettuce and peppers everyday would also be 'crap', because it's not balanced nor nutritious.
Reply 6
Its rare for me to deviate from this. I am very health conscious

Sadly, Cheese and Onion pasties are incredibly unhealthy, as is mayonnaise, and not to mention if you're eating that on white bread... :erm:

If you're eating this everyday, I'd suggest you start eating a variety of other foods. Try eating nuts and fruit, or a salad, once in a while.
Fish is also great, as is meats like Chicken, it's delicious, and healthy!
Reply 7
To me, things like pasties are treats and things I'd have once in a while.
Reply 8
so this is about people's presumption that pasties are a treat/fast food option? Does anyone have any actual evidence as to why a pasty is any worse than a cheese and onion sandwich. Is it the pastry itself. I'll admit that its quite greasy when I microwave it. Solution is to wrap it in tissueto soak up the added butter?

Cheese and onion pasties

Redbush/Earl Grey

This an awful diet!

I can't be bothered to retrieve the nutritional info but pasties are really unhealthy - far more than a sandwich.

I am assuming this is a troll - based on the last comment
Reply 10
Its not that weird but probably not that healthy to just eat the same few things all the time.

Do you do it just because its easy or something? I mean if you were out or at a friends and the precise things you have weren't on offer would you choose something else?

And warm the pasty in the oven instead of the microwave - it'll be less soggy and more crisp!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jay84

And warm the pasty in the oven instead of the microwave - it'll be less soggy and more crisp!

And it tastes much nicer.
Reply 12
so this is about people's presumption that pasties are a treat/fast food option? Does anyone have any actual evidence as to why a pasty is any worse than a cheese and onion sandwich. Is it the pastry itself. I'll admit that its quite greasy when I microwave it. Solution is to wrap it in tissueto soak up the added butter?

Whilst many nutritionists disagree on the definition of a healthy diet, they do agree that a varied diet is much better than regularly eating the same thing.

Do you cook? I mean make your own food from scratch? If you make some pastry you will find out how much fat it takes to make it, tissue will not absorb it all, and if you took all the fat out of pastry you would be left with flour! If you have ever made bread you'll know that its usually made without any fat. So pastry and bread are significantly different with regard to fat content. Mayo is made with egg yolk and oil, with a smidge of dijon mustard and some salt, so if you have this every day thats significant. Pataks jars are also very oily.

Nothing is a 'bad' or 'unhealthy' food per se, its all a matter of balance. Its easy to get into a rut, but you would benefit from more variety
Reply 13
Any pastry is has for you, any doctor or dietitian will tell you to stay away from it. If you read how to make it you will understand why or any Google search about it for that matter. It also has sugar in too, homemade normally don't put sugar in but I know a lot of processed do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I can eat the same thing every day for several days ina row. People say it's weird but I'm happy doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Cheese and onion pasties

Redbush/Earl Grey

I am rather like you. Every day I eat a packet of that Ravioli pasta stuff from Tescos, a jar of horrendously garlicy sauce, sometimes a couple of tuna (light) mayo sandwiches, a bag of sweet chili crisps, about 14 cups of coffee, a can of Monster and as well as a dozen roll up cigarettes.

I never know what to buy or what to make!
Reply 16
I pretty much have the same dinner everyday unless I go out and same breakfast, same lunch so I think it isn't the most healthiest thing to do but it is a bit different from the norm
Reply 17

Pastry is basically butter, lard and white flour, which is not healthy at all. Not to mention the additives such as salt and sugar that would be in shop bought pasties. As others have said, the mayo on your sandwiches and the shop bought curry sauce is not healthy. And I doubt you're getting your 5 a day. Plus you seem to eat a lot of carbs. And how many sugars are in your tea ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending