The Student Room Group

Know people who are going to jail

Ok heres the story, I know two guys who are going to jail. One guy "S" is a long time mate of mine who recently started hanging out with me after not seeing each other in a year to smoke weed. He was homeless for a year and got busted for a few shoplifting charges and was given fines. He then got busted for shoplifting, was drunk and assaulted the security guard and has the court case pending. I haven't saw him in a month now until he came up to mine with some hash and a his mate, someone I knew from years ago, "K".

They said stoned that last Sunday they were up in a really posh part of our town picking magic mushrooms when they were picked up by the police, Apparently they fit the description of two guys who robbed someone's house in the area.

They said the court date is the day after boxing day. Basically, what I wanna know is am I breaking the law at all by having S or K in my house at any point? S, at one time never showed for a court appearance and came up to my house, but that was months ago,
Possibly. But I'll let the brightest law students on TSR answer your question.

are they on bail pending the court hearing?
Reply 2
Original post by Gjaykay
Ok heres the story, I know two guys who are going to jail. One guy "S" is a long time mate of mine who recently started hanging out with me after not seeing each other in a year to smoke weed. He was homeless for a year and got busted for a few shoplifting charges and was given fines. He then got busted for shoplifting, was drunk and assaulted the security guard and has the court case pending. I haven't saw him in a month now until he came up to mine with some hash and a his mate, someone I knew from years ago, "K".

They said stoned that last Sunday they were up in a really posh part of our town picking magic mushrooms when they were picked up by the police, Apparently they fit the description of two guys who robbed someone's house in the area.

They said the court date is the day after boxing day. Basically, what I wanna know is am I breaking the law at all by having S or K in my house at any point? S, at one time never showed for a court appearance and came up to my house, but that was months ago,

I have to ask you G: why are you hanging around with the likes of S & K? when in doubt, assume the worst and that you are potentially putting yourself in possible trouble by association and proximity.
Reply 3
Original post by aranexus
I have to ask you G: why are you hanging around with the likes of S & K? when in doubt, assume the worst and that you are potentially putting yourself in possible trouble by association and proximity.

I smoke weed with S and hes a laugh, K was some Latvian guy I knew when I was 15/16.

It worries me that I know for certain they are going to jail because they were caught with 150 magic mushrooms and thats their defense of why they didn't burgle anywhere.
Reply 4
As long as they're allowed to be out in public and you're not hiding people who have run away from prison you're fine. Although if they commit illegal activities on your property (such as use drugs) you could get into trouble to.
Reply 5
Of course you won't get in trouble. There is nothing wrong with it. People aren't always held in custody until trial - I have a friend now who is due for trial and isn't in custody. Her trial has been pushed back till next year, she will probably get 3-5 years but there is mo law that says she can't spend Christmas with her friends and family.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
If they're not supposed to be in custody, then it's fine to have them as guests in your home. If they have escaped from custody then you would be guilty of an offence; I'm not sure if there is a British term for it, but the American term is harbouring a fugitive.
Reply 7
okay, stop smoking weed, and stop hanging around with chavs.

problem solved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending