The Student Room Group

Oxford TSR Meetup!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 62442fanatic
So what three dates are we doing? And may I suggest an outing that includes hot chocolate instead of ice-cream :wink:?

Original post by Pyrimidine
I could not agree more!

G and D's does hot drinks too :smile:
Original post by Gotzz
I think we should have 3. First one 9/10th, second one 11th/12th, third one 16th/17th.

Why not every day? :tongue: :biggrin: (or every other day...)

Okay, that might be excessive
Sorry guys, just woke up :P

First, I don't know how to create polls. Next, I don't think we should anyway because the idea of three different dates sounds wonderful (or even everyday!). Lastly, anywhere with food that has taste is good for me :biggrin:
Ok, so I'm proposing a meet-up (one of the 3) on the 12th at 8:00 at G&D's. Those of you there on the 10-13th, does this sound good? And does anyone know the address for G&Ds :colondollar:?
Ok, so I'm proposing a meet-up (one of the 3) on the 12th at 8:00 at G&D's. Those of you there on the 10-13th, does this sound good? And does anyone know the address for G&Ds :colondollar:?

Actually... does anyone know when dinner is? Because it might interfere with that.

We'd need one before that as well. One on the 10th, one on the 12th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by shaken-pine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm a little late to the thread. I'd definitely be down for one on the 10th.
Reply 67
Original post by shaken-pine

This seems to be the consensus? Also, this way, everyone who comes between the 8th and the 13th has a chance to meet up. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd love a meetup on the evening of the 9th, to talk over how everyone's first day went :smile: free and easy otherwise, I'll be there the 10th and maybe the 11th too, Mansfield college :smile:
Reply 69
I'm thinking we should go for the middle of the day, because then it doesn't clash with meals, and I know some colleges won't let applicants out after dark.
How about 3pm on the 10th? Shall we go to the St. Aldate's G&D's because then it's central and will probably be easier for people to get there? :smile:
Reply 70
[INDENT] [/INDENT]
Original post by lizz-ie
I'm thinking we should go for the middle of the day, because then it doesn't clash with meals, and I know some colleges won't let applicants out after dark.
How about 3pm on the 10th? Shall we go to the St. Aldate's G&D's because then it's central and will probably be easier for people to get there? :smile:

The problem there is the potential clash with interviews. I do think later is better, as I think all the colleges have fairly homogenised schedules for eating etc.
Original post by lizz-ie

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

The problem there is the potential clash with interviews. I do think later is better, as I think all the colleges have fairly homogenised schedules for eating etc.

I'd guess you'd get more people during the day - yes there's a potential clash with interviews, but after dark, it gets that bit more daunting to find your way in a city you don't know. But could go the other way.
Original post by lizz-ie

Sounds good!

Hopefully interviews won't clash, but if they do, we can always set two times...? Well, in any case someone's ​going to miss out. We simply have to pick one and go for it and hope it works out!
Reply 73
Original post by lizz-ie
Can we go with the 10th?! I hope this doesn't sound stalkerish but I'd really like to meet you, you seem really nice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should be able to do the 10th, even if they say I can go at 10:30am, I could still stay about in Oxford for a few hours, I'm sure I won't be able to book a coach immediately anyway. I'd like to meet you too! Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 74
I will be at Oxford from the 10th to the 13th. I will be happy to meet up whenever possible :smile:

We could organize daily meeting at a fixed hour (say 7 in the evening in the pub you mentioned before) so everybody who can will turn up, and hopefully there will always be someone...
Reply 75
Original post by Caesar95
I will be at Oxford from the 10th to the 13th. I will be happy to meet up whenever possible :smile:

We could organize daily meeting at a fixed hour (say 7 in the evening in the pub you mentioned before) so everybody who can will turn up, and hopefully there will always be someone...

Pub :rolleyes:
It's an ice cream parlour :lol:
Suggestion: make a fairly obvious sign that says "TSR" to help identify each other with minimal awkwardness...

(I talk from experience of three or four of these things...)
Reply 77
Original post by fluteflute
Suggestion: make a fairly obvious sign that says "TSR" to help identify each other with minimal awkwardness...

(I talk from experience of three or four of these things...)

Like a name tag?? Which says TSR and then our usernames?
Original post by Gotzz
Like a name tag?? Which says TSR and then our usernames?

That's probably not necessary, I was thinking more just a way to identify who else in a room is from TSR. If you have some sort of sign, it might be a bit easier...
Reply 79
Original post by fluteflute
That's probably not necessary, I was thinking more just a way to identify who else in a room is from TSR. If you have some sort of sign, it might be a bit easier...

Where are we supposed to get a sign??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending