The Student Room Group

Nursing maths admissions tests!!

Hi guys! :smile:
I've applied to cardiff, south wales, nottingham, uwe and kings college. Ive been rejected from uwe and I recently had an interview for kings however I didn't get an offer because my numeracy test wasn't good enough :frown:

I was wondering does anyone know anything that I can do to help me more with maths? I revised on the bbc bitesize website and bbc maths skills! Any books recommended thats based on these tests?

ps. has anyone heard anything from cardiff, south wales and nottingham?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MarinaT88
I've applied to cardiff, south wales, nottingham, uwe and kings college. Ive been rejected from uwe and I recently had an interview for kings however I didn't get an offer because my numeracy test wasn't good enough :frown:

I was wondering does anyone know anything that I can do to help me more with maths? I revised on the bbc bitesize website and bbc maths skills! Any books recommended thats based on these tests?

I have a numeracy test at my Leeds Metropolitan University interview, I'm not very good at maths so I'm dreading it. Were the questions quite difficult? I have been revising and I've been using mymaths I find that very useful. I have also applied to Nottingham and haven't heard anything.
Good luck! xx
My weakest subject is maths and I am applying for Midwifery so I too have to sit a numeracy test. I am aware it's only basic maths but, I haven't studied maths for two years now as I stopped it after gcse so, I have forgotten most things and my mental maths has gone very slow!:P
On the adult nursing section of Coventry University's website under entry requirements there is a practise paper that you can use. I'm going to get my Dad (he's good at maths) to make up some questions that are similar to those but, just different numbers so I can practise.
I think Birmingham City University also has a numeracy practise paper under the adult nursing section.
Just have a look at various university websites and I have been advised by various universities to use gcse Bitesize.

I have applied at the University of Nottingham and just recently been invited to an interview in February!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Herrington_x
My weakest subject is maths and I am applying for Midwifery so I too have to sit a numeracy test. I am aware it's only basic maths but, I haven't studied maths for two years now as I stopped it after gcse so, I have forgotten most things and my mental maths has gone very slow!:P
On the adult nursing section of Coventry University's website under entry requirements there is a practise paper that you can use. I'm going to get my Dad (he's good at maths) to make up some questions that are similar to those but, just different numbers so I can practise.
I think Birmingham City University also has a numeracy practise paper under the adult nursing section.
Just have a look at various university websites and I have been advised by various universities to use gcse Bitesize.

I have applied at the University of Nottingham and just recently been invited to an interview in February!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I have an interview at Nottingham for Midwifery on 17th Feb!
The layout of the day looks gruelling! Aghhh scared! Hope the science and maths tests aren’t too hard :P
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! I can't remember maths at all and at school it was my weakest subject, I'm scared I will fail my interviews because of maths.
Thank you that is helpful :smile: my friend is doing midwifery and she got numeracy papers from the Kings College website :smile:
Well done! I hope you get in, when did you send your UCAS off? :smile: I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham :/
Original post by Elysiaaar

Hey I have an interview at Nottingham for Midwifery on 17th Feb!
The layout of the day looks gruelling! Aghhh scared! Hope the science and maths tests aren’t too hard :P

Ah wow!:smile: That's when mine is!
Omg I know it looks awful!!!
I hope they're not too difficult or that easy that you logically don't think simple enough aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyftx
Yeah me too! I can't remember maths at all and at school it was my weakest subject, I'm scared I will fail my interviews because of maths.
Thank you that is helpful :smile: my friend is doing midwifery and she got numeracy papers from the Kings College website :smile:
Well done! I hope you get in, when did you send your UCAS off? :smile: I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham :/

Same here, I'm scared maths will be the reason I don't get an offer..
Okay thank you I will check them out! :biggrin:
I sent mine off to UCAS on 15th November, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Same here, I'm scared maths will be the reason I don't get an offer..
Okay thank you I will check them out! :biggrin:
I sent mine off to UCAS on 15th November, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that's what I'm scared about :/..
I sent my UCAS off on 13th November :smile: where have you applied to?:smile:
Original post by lucyftx
I know that's what I'm scared about :/..
I sent my UCAS off on 13th November :smile: where have you applied to?:smile:

Birmingham City, Coventry, Keele, University of Nottingham and University of Worcester. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Birmingham City, Coventry, Keele, University of Nottingham and University of Worcester. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmingham City, Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Met, University of Derby and University of Nottingham. I have an interview for Leeds Met :smile:)
Do you know which one will be your first choice if you get all offers? :smile:
Probably Birmingham City:P How about you?
I have interviews coming up at Coventry and Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Probably Birmingham City:P How about you?
I have interviews coming up at Coventry and Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so lucky I want more interviews! I hope you do well!
Same, I like Birmingham City or Sheffield Hallam so it will be between the two. I was really impressed with Birmingham's facilities :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by lucyftx
I have a numeracy test at my Leeds Metropolitan University interview, I'm not very good at maths so I'm dreading it. Were the questions quite difficult? I have been revising and I've been using mymaths I find that very useful. I have also applied to Nottingham and haven't heard anything.
Good luck! xx

its not difficult but you do need to revise before hand :smile:
simple maths really like conversion, ratio, percentage etc :smile:

Good luck!!! xx
Reply 13
thanks for the replys guys! :smile:
good luck for all your interviews!!
Reply 14
its not difficult but you do need to revise before hand :smile:
simple maths really like conversion, ratio, percentage etc :smile:

Good luck!!! xx

Thank you!! I am rubbish at conversion :/ If I fail the interview I think it will be because of my maths.
Where have you applied to? :smile: xx
Original post by lucyftx
You're so lucky I want more interviews! I hope you do well!
Same, I like Birmingham City or Sheffield Hallam so it will be between the two. I was really impressed with Birmingham's facilities :smile:

Thank you:smile:
Yes it looks really good at Birmingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

hey i have an interview with nottingham on the 18th..I have heard its just a group interview and there are no tests for them
Reply 17
Original post by bose28
hey i have an interview with nottingham on the 18th..I have heard its just a group interview and there are no tests for them

I thought there was tests for every nursing place because the nursing and midwifery council states you need to show basic maths, but if not that's good :smile:.
When did you send your UCAS off? :smile: good luck aswell!
Reply 18
Original post by lucyftx

I thought there was tests for every nursing place because the nursing and midwifery council states you need to show basic maths, but if not that's good :smile:.
When did you send your UCAS off? :smile: good luck aswell!

The letter they sent did not say anything about tests and i checked their website aswell it just said group interviews. I sent my off towards the october I think. Thankyou!! you too.. I'll let you know more informaton after wednesday
Reply 19

When did you apply and when did your kcl interview and when did they get back to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending