The Student Room Group

If you are not into sex does it mean that you have 'serious sexual problems'?

I just came across this posted by a man who's wife does not want sex.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/sexandrelationships/relationships/200775.html

The comments at the end though by the 'experts' make out that there is something wrong with his wife and that she has serious sexual problems. While I can understand the man being frustrated and unlucky I don't see why the woman should be labelled as having problems. I think its wrong how she makes no effort and doesn't seem to compromise/has a bad attitude towards it but the experts make out as though everyone should want sex or else they are not normal:confused:

I think some people particularly females are just not that into it maybe other stuff turns them on like hugging or something other than intercourse etc.

Just wondered what you thin?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by inthedark1
I just came across this posted by a man who's wife does not want sex.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/sexandrelationships/relationships/200775.html

The comments at the end though by the 'experts' make out that there is something wrong with his wife and that she has serious sexual problems. While I can understand the man being frustrated and unlucky I don't see why the woman should be labelled as having problems. I think its wrong how she makes no effort and doesn't seem to compromise/has a bad attitude towards it but the experts make out as though everyone should want sex or else they are not normal:confused:

I think some people particularly females are just not that into it maybe other stuff turns them on like hugging or something other than intercourse etc.

Just wondered what you thin?

Sometimes it can be because of factors like stress and depression however I guess there's just that phase for women in a relationship where she is quite sexually active then doesnt want to do that stuff that much or anymore for a while :smile: it's perfectly normal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by kayy17
Sometimes it can be because of factors like stress and depression however I guess there's just that phase for women in a relationship where she is quite sexually active then doesnt want to do that stuff that much or anymore for a while :smile: it's perfectly normal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not according to those experts that replied.

Yea it made me wonder as Im not even in a relationship and am not interested in sex lol. I can get turned on by stuff wont say what lol but I dont need a guy intercourse would do nothing for me. If I had a relationship it would be more for company but obviously most men want sex so its only fair to the guy to go along with it.
Reply 3
Original post by inthedark1
Not according to those experts that replied.

Yea it made me wonder as Im not even in a relationship and am not interested in sex lol. I can get turned on by stuff wont say what lol but I dont need a guy intercourse would do nothing for me. If I had a relationship it would be more for company but obviously most men want sex so its only fair to the guy to go along with it.

It can be perceived as a 'problem' - but so can most other things. I'm studying this kind of thing in psych atm :smile: I myself used to be quite into sex and stuff but after about a year and a half of it I rarely every feel like I want to. I feel more 'lovey dovey' if that makes sense :smile: that's from being in a relationship for 4 years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't see why someone should be made to feel like there's 'something wrong with them' if they don't want to have sex :erm:
Reply 5
If someone's sex drive suddenly disappears it could be signs of an underlying problem, but some people are just asexual, they don't feel sexual attraction to anyone, regardless of gender. (That's not to say they can't have romantic feelings for someone or experience aesthetic attraction - thinking someone is pretty/beautiful/nice to look at)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it doesn't, it just means you have a low sex drive ...
Reply 7
There isn't a problem with the women, as other's have said, but what about the guy? Who marries someone when their sex drives are so far apart? How in God's name did that never come up? :confused:

Poor guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending