The Student Room Group

Driving up kerbs

Am I going to damage the Passat if I drive it up kerbs? (I suspect the answer is yes) and am I going to damage my car if I drive down off the pavement onto the road, over a drop kerb? (I suspect no here?)

Scroll to see replies

It really does depend on the speed. I've kit a kerb at 15-20 mph before with no damage, the impact was pretty huge and there was a loud noise. If you are going to drive up kerbs I would encourage you to do it with bare minimum speed - 1 mph.
Also would depend on the height of the kerb, might wreck the underside of your car or the wheels.
I'm talking 1st gear crawler speed only. Would coming down off a kerb be a problem at all?
Reply 4
I hope so. Hopefully beyond repair so you're off the road for a while :h:
Do you drive a saloon?
I don't know but I hope you do.
Reply 7
Original post by blue n white army
Do you drive a saloon?

Not just any saloon, a diesel Passat that is the quickest car in the world :blah: :lol:
Original post by blue n white army
Do you drive a saloon?

One doesn't merely drive a saloon. If you have a saloon, then you also have the saloon lifestyle that goes with it. You're an executive, you're someone, you've made it, you're classy, sophisticated and assertive. The men want to be you and the women want to be with you.
Original post by traintracks1995
One doesn't merely drive a saloon. If you have a saloon, then you also have the saloon lifestyle that goes with it. You're an executive, you're someone, you've made it, you're classy, sophisticated and assertive. The men want to be you and the women want to be with you.

If I went on auto trader I could pick up a saloon for £500 #MadeIt

Lol what BS...

By your logic that must make every police officer an "executive" too. Yeah, thought not.
Reply 11
I just try to avoid it, it really doesn't do any good

Lool. My car may be "executive" (It has the name in it) but it was "executive" back in 2005 :biggrin: I hardly think that it makes me any of the above...

Actually definitely not. I've had around ... 2 girls like me and I don't think many men want to be me :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Lool. My car may be "executive" (It has the name in it) but it was "executive" back in 2005 :biggrin: I hardly think that it makes me any of the above...

Actually definitely not. I've had around ... 2 girls like me and I don't think many men want to be me :tongue:

Dude if you drive a saloon then you are a player. Everyone knows that a girls heart swoons when she sees a saloon car. A hatchback doesn't have the same effect.
Dude if you drive a saloon then you are a player. Everyone knows that a girls heart swoons when she sees a saloon car. A hatchback doesn't have the same effect.

So not to go off topic, I sent you a VM instead
Original post by de_monies
So not to go off topic, I sent you a VM instead

Send it again please my good man. If a saloon driver has something to say, then I am of course all ears.
Reply 16
Put some 22" wheels on in and you'll be fine.
Reply 17

I drive a saloon and a student so that is so wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
It can do. I burst a tyre going up a kerb and I was going very slowly. It was a high/sharp kerb though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Of cource not. Now a pathetic hatchback being driven by some pleb is liable to fall to bits, but a Saloon, now that will be able to withstand anything. Surely you as a professional Saloon pilot would realise that? Actually, physisists theorise that when a Passat mounts the kerb, it isn't actually doing so but is pushing the whole earth downwards, in the same way when you accelerate in that wonderfully sexy Saloon way you make the earths spin change slightly. Now I better go, all this talk of Saloons and Passats is making me wet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending