The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
10 + 1 intermediate GNVQ in ICT worth 2 GCSE's = 12
Reply 21
EnjoyingLife
there's not really any advantage in doing loads.

Exactly, ya think they are mega important, untill ya get to A levels lol
I'm probably being really thick here but can someone explain to me how you can do half a GCSE?
Reply 23
Half GCSEs (or short course) are usually just a full GCSE but with about half the content and no coursework or less coursework. Most people do it in subjects like RE and PE.
9, but that's because we were only allowed to take 9. I was actually supposed to take 2 early and therefore have 11, but then I doubt I would have got A*'s in both, and that would have ruined my run :p:
9...even we were allowed to take only 9...plus we did IGCSE which is apparently "tougher" than GCSE's...go figure!!
I did one a year early and have just finished doing 13 this year.Therefore, 14 GCSEs altogether. That is only coz my school made languages, P.E, R.E and citizenship compulsory, So I kind of had no choice. I wish I had done less because it would have been a less heavier load and I wouldn't be worried about revising for all the useless subjects
8!

Obviously I'm so thick I don't even deserve a place on the poll. :rolleyes:

At least I'm unique. :p:
Reply 28
:confused: I'm confused :redface: , I think I did 11...so long ago :rolleyes:
sheryl06
:confused: I'm confused :redface: , I think I did 11...so long ago :rolleyes:

Time flies....
Reply 30
Quality not quantity people :wink:
sweetchokl8kisses
9...even we were allowed to take only 9...plus we did IGCSE which is apparently "tougher" than GCSE's...go figure!!

I did 9 too. Some IGCSE and some GCSE. I think they are meant to be the same toughness.

Can't believe you are doing 4 highers for IB!!
We never really had the choice...in anything.
They said you are doing these 5, these 2 halves and you can pick for (2 out of these options and 2 out of these). You will do them in may/june 2006.

No chance to do more or less or any ealier.
Morgan141
Half GCSEs (or short course) are usually just a full GCSE but with about half the content and no coursework or less coursework. Most people do it in subjects like RE and PE.

Thanks for the explanation! :smile:
Berto90

Indeed, 10 As are far better than 6As, 7Bs
Reply 35
i did 10 subjects all together, but RE was a shortcourse so it counts as .5 of a GCSE, so i've done 9.5 gcses altogether. In addition to this I've done GNVQ ICT
we were only allowed to take 9 too. i always thought that didn't sound enough but now i'm glad because it meant less work!
XxJaninexX
We never really had the choice...in anything.
They said you are doing these 5, these 2 halves and you can pick for (2 out of these options and 2 out of these). You will do them in may/june 2006.

No chance to do more or less or any ealier.

Same we never had a choice- if you're one of the top 20ish science people in a year out of 150ish you do Triple Award so get an extra (I)GCSE. Apart from that, unless you study outside of school, you do 9. And I'm happy about that.
Reply 38
13 (including Chinese). We normally do 10 in our school but I did Chinese (2nd language), music (good at) and RS (relatively easy) as extras. I did an additional maths FSMQ too...I am dreading that particular result lol.
Reply 39
Berto90

Ah, but what if you can manage both :wink:

Latest