The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Excalibur
I guess it comes down to, for example, whether 9A*s or 9A*s, 2As & 1B looks better.

While the first one may look better for the perfectionist, the second does show more comittment, especially if you studied the extra 4 gcse's from home.

Anyways, it could even be 9A*s vs 11A*s & 2As if you're good enough

Dont slam people who did extras; some did it for the knowledge rather than just so they could say 'ooh look, i have more grades than you'.
I did 9.5 in Year 11, plus AVCE ICT (but I got a D, so we don't mention that :wink: ) and I've just done Spanish in Year 13. I don't resent the number we had to do because it's about average, but I do resent the fact that so many subjects were either compulsory or had to be chosen from certain groups, which led to me being forced to take subjects I despised instead of ones I would have enjoyed and got better grades in. The Year 9s now have far more choice than we did- typical :frown:
you lotz are lame...i done 14 GCSEs (full course) and an A level in Greek...weaklingz
mAnIaC
you lotz are lame...i done 14 GCSEs (full course) and an A level in Greek...weaklingz

Very novel, now go back to your Encyclopaedia :p:
mAnIaC

... and what did you get in GCSE English? :rolleyes: :wink:
Excalibur
... and what did you get in GCSE English? :rolleyes: :wink:

A*, without a doubt.
Reply 66
I did 11 GCSes and a GNVQ in manufacturing through school, and one GCSE on my own through distance learning.

So i ended up with 12 GCSEs and a GNVQ (but i dont usually remember that one lol)
13 GCSEs, took GCSE statistics in year 10. I know a few people who did 14 because they took an extra GCSE in their language outside of school.
Reply 68
calcium878
Very novel, now go back to your Encyclopaedia :p:

Very nice :p:
Reply 69
10 GCSEs plus that annoying little Additional Maths "FSMQ" whatever it is (neither a GCSE nor an A-Level...)
Reply 70
what exactly is a half gcse?? that doesnt even count!! :p:
rachel_64
what exactly is a half gcse?? that doesnt even count!! :p:

Half a GCSE? Well that would be either a GC or an SE.
calcium878
Half a GCSE? Well that would be either a GC or an SE.

:confused: ??
Split "GCSE" in half and what do you get? GC and SE, which are half GCSEs :p:
Reply 74
I did 10 GCSEs. In my school most people did 10, a few did 9 if they were let.
Compulsory subjects were English Literature, English Language, Maths, French, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, which really sucked. Everyone then chose 4 extras. We were only told about a month beforehand though that we were doing double science instead of the three seperate sciences, so we all thought we were doing 11:rolleyes: Then again we weren't told that English Lang and English Lit were seperate either:rolleyes:
calcium878
Split "GCSE" in half and what do you get? GC and SE, which are half GCSEs :p:

lol :p:
Reply 76
I did 11 GCSE's plus GNVQ ICT (however many that is worth). Most people in my school did 8 but I also chose to do Environmental Science, Business and Communication Systems and Short Course RE.
Reply 77
I did 13, but I did 2 in Year 10, so only 11 in Year 11. I couldn't have done 13 in one sitting!
Reply 78
I have 12. I did 11 at school in my GCSE year, then did GCSE Spanish as part of a fast track 'AS Spanish in a year' scheme in year 12. I quite liked my old schools way of doing GCSEs as we had 5 compulsary subjects and up to 6 extra subject choices, which is more choice than most people get.
Reply 79
i did 9.5 but i just tend to say 10

Latest