The Student Room Group

GF said if i don't earn more than her then she will never marry me, shallow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nerol
I'd totally love a house-husband!

My flatmate recently went part-time at work, so I'm training him up to be one. I swear, if I get home and that apartment isn't spotless... no sex for him tonight!!

Spoiler

:lol: Sex based on per plate washed?! I like it!
Original post by Alevelsareboring
Am i wrong for thinking any female with that mentality deserves to be slapped with a penis? My girlfriend said if i don't earn more than her she will not marry me. So basically i have this cloud over my head saying if things get rocky she's out. Is this ok do alot of females have this compeltely retarded shallow mentality or is it just my retarded now ex girlfriend? We are both 20 and HAD been together for year when she said this? So basically if i was a teacher earning i don't know 40 thousand a year and i was passionate about my job and loved it, and if she was an accountant earning 60 thousand she would leave me. What kind of pathetic retarded thought process is that? How are you going to leave someone over money.

We are 20 aswell not even anywhere near in that position we are both university students but she thought it was appropriate to place that cloud of if i don't succeed she'll leave over my head. She said it's because a man should be the head of the household to which i said it's 2013 we are all equal the same way a man shouldn't make his wife submissive and kick of his shoes and demand her to make him a sandwich like some sort of maid is the same way men shouldn't have to be the breadwinner it is 2013. I told her so i don't agree with that and it's shallow and i said is she willing to be submissive then and cook and clean like a traditional women because if she want's traditional aspects she has to except other traditional aspects. Btw i would never want my wife to just cook and clean i just said that to gauge a reaction. Her reaction was no she would want us to be equal on that front so who on earth gives her the right to say a man MUST earn more to marry her.

Stupid imbecile.

This is absolutely ridiculous! I am not going to lie if my man wasnt earning much i wuld be a little worried because everyone wants to be in a financially stable relationship however ifi had to choose between love and financial stability then love is always going to be my answer, whether he does a BTec or works in KFC.

Tbh it sounds as if you got a lucky escape. She is definitely not worth that much hassle and pain! But this is one of the reasons i have a problem with SOME modern feminists because they claim they want equality but still want males to do traditional roles such as work full time and not part time and earn more money. My goodness i am glad to be a woman in this day and age!
Original post by JaiiStarh
If I'm going to be honest I think that us women are conditioned from a young age to believe marriage is the be all and end all. So many females have been planning their weddings since they were like 5 years old. I remember sitting in my GCSE Psychology class and all my friends were going off topic talking about what colour schemes they were going to have at their wedding and I was abit like :confused:
So when a female meets someone she can see herself with in the long term, potentially, they tend to get abit over excited. Plus typically us women are planners anyway lol.
But it's true, I think more females need to recognise this. Pressuring a guy and making him feel uncomfortable is the quickest way to lose him. Then again I could say the same thing, vice versa.

Yeah i do get that it does seem like alot of females think it's the be all and end all, i think it's wrong that females are conditioned like that because it's completely contrary to how men are so it doesn't exactly fit together like a jigsaw.

Females do need to realize that though because i feel like females want perfection straight away, they want security and assurance about everything like is he definitely going to be sustainable, does he want the same amount kids as me, does he want to settle down at the same age as me. Like slow down and remember your age we will cross that bridge when we get there. But it's like no i need to know now kinda thing when alot of these things get answered along the way as you mature as a couple.
Original post by Mushrooms
This is absolutely ridiculous! I am not going to lie if my man wasnt earning much i wuld be a little worried because everyone wants to be in a financially stable relationship however ifi had to choose between love and financial stability then love is always going to be my answer, whether he does a BTec or works in KFC.

Tbh it sounds as if you got a lucky escape. She is definitely not worth that much hassle and pain! But this is one of the reasons i have a problem with SOME modern feminists because they claim they want equality but still want males to do traditional roles such as work full time and not part time and earn more money. My goodness i am glad to be a woman in this day and age!

Yeah financial stability makes sense because obviously everyone wants to have security but in this situation it was about men HAVING to earn more as men cannot handle women earning more than them as it compromises their role as the breadwinner. Like hello not every man is the same, and not every man is like that. Yeah and in regards to love it's unbelievable like having these views is bad enough but then to say you would leave someone you "love" over it is disgraceful, glad i found this out now and not later.

It is ridiculous because they want to benefit from traditional views like the man should provide but when it comes to the traditional views that coincide with that they reject it. Like the man earning more and providing worked on the basis that the man provides so the women cooks and is submissive and has no say. Who even wants a relationship like that nowadays.
Reply 24
The thing is. I read the title, and my first thought was, she needs a good slap with your cock. Then I read your opening line. Great minds think alike.

Shallow money grabbing gold digger. Get rid of her and find somebody better. How utterly naive and shallow.
Reply 25
most women are like this, consciously or subconsciously. you don't see it so much with very young females but it gets worse with time as they want to ''settle down''. it's evolution. but yea, your gf sounds like she goes full retard.

Reply 26
What a load of nonsense, looks like you've had a lucky escape there, she is NUTS.

My goal in life is to be earning more than my husband when I retire than he earns at retirement (there is a 9 year age gap so he started career much earlier)...why? because all the women in my family earn more than their husbands...gotta keep up with tradition and I am too competitive for my own good. No man is beating me....he is aware of this and thinks it's funny but has informed me it just means he has all day to spend my money when he has retired and I haven't, I straightened him up by telling him it means I can afford to shove him in a retirement home :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be honest with you, I think this is carefully written piece of fiction designed to showcase the usual TSR misogyny under the cover of anecdotal personal "experience".

However, taking the OP at his word, so you got into a relationship that didn't work out. Amongst society as a whole, individuals can have all sorts of totally unreasonable requirements of the people they date. Someone who left someone for such spurious reasons is likely to struggle with finding a fulfilling relationship. However, I have little sympathy for you: you talk of slapping your ex with your cock (how old are you, thirteen?) and refer to someone you spent a year with as a 'stupid imbecile'. If this relationship wasn't a fabrication, I can't say it's a great surprise it didn't go the distance. Perhaps the earnings thing was just an excuse...
What an absolute load of nonsense. I hope she falls head over heels in love with a pauper.
she sounds horrible tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I'll be honest with you, I think this is carefully written piece of fiction designed to showcase the usual TSR misogyny under the cover of anecdotal personal "experience".

However, taking the OP at his word, so you got into a relationship that didn't work out. Amongst society as a whole, individuals can have all sorts of totally unreasonable requirements of the people they date. Someone who left someone for such spurious reasons is likely to struggle with finding a fulfilling relationship. However, I have little sympathy for you: you talk of slapping your ex with your cock (how old are you, thirteen?) and refer to someone you spent a year with as a 'stupid imbecile'. If this relationship wasn't a fabrication, I can't say it's a great surprise it didn't go the distance. Perhaps the earnings thing was just an excuse...

Fiction LOL

That's the thing why do alot of women have these expectations. They want perfection, they have a vision and want to find someone who ticks every box, which is unrealistic. Alot of women are gunna end up sad and lonely
Original post by xmhairix
What a load of nonsense, looks like you've had a lucky escape there, she is NUTS.

My goal in life is to be earning more than my husband when I retire than he earns at retirement (there is a 9 year age gap so he started career much earlier)...why? because all the women in my family earn more than their husbands...gotta keep up with tradition and I am too competitive for my own good. No man is beating me....he is aware of this and thinks it's funny but has informed me it just means he has all day to spend my money when he has retired and I haven't, I straightened him up by telling him it means I can afford to shove him in a retirement home :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, good to have a little healthy competition
Original post by mimi112
most women are like this, consciously or subconsciously. you don't see it so much with very young females but it gets worse with time as they want to ''settle down''. it's evolution. but yea, your gf sounds like she goes full retard.

Yeah but it's stupid. why do some women think like that. Do they honestly think all their boxes that must be ticked is feasible?
Original post by Eboracum
The thing is. I read the title, and my first thought was, she needs a good slap with your cock. Then I read your opening line. Great minds think alike.

Shallow money grabbing gold digger. Get rid of her and find somebody better. How utterly naive and shallow.

Hahahah Great minds! I was literally flabbergasted, told my guy friend and he was like wtf how shallow. Told a female friend and she was like she wants the guy to earn more and i was like it's a disease my days. This relationship lovely dovey crap, staying away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending