The Student Room Group

university wants to offer me another course instead

ty
(edited 10 years ago)
You've been rejected for the course you applied for so they are offering you one they would accept you for so that you still go to their university and they get your money.
Original post by Tishax2
Applied for one course then got email saying they thinking of offering another course which is better suited for my back ground.

Any thoughts on this because I don't want the course they offering me.
I want to do what I applied for
:mad:

Email the admissions tutors. Explain to them that you really want to do the course you originally applied for and ask them for further information as to why the offered you a place on the new course instead
Reply 3
Original post by super_kawaii
Email the admissions tutors. Explain to them that you really want to do the course you originally applied for and ask them for further information as to why the offered you a place on the new course instead

Tips on how I start my emailplease please pleasethanks
Original post by Tishax2
Applied for one course then got email saying they thinking of offering another course which is better suited for my back ground.

Any thoughts on this because I don't want the course they offering me.
I want to do what I applied for
:mad:

By any chance, are these universities LJMU or bradford?
Original post by Tishax2

Dear to whom it may concern,

I am writing to inquire about the recent offer I've received. I've applied to your university with the original intent of studying '_______'. However, I've received an offer to study a course other than the one I've selected. I would like for you to re-consider my application as I would really like to be admitted on the course of my original choice. If there's any further information as to why you might have changed my course offer, could you please let me know. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Keep it short, simple and to the point.
Original post by Tishax2

Original post by Abdul-Karim

I am writing to inquire about the recent offer I've received. I've applied to your university with the original intent of studying '_______'. However, I've received an offer to study a course other than the one I've selected. I would like for you to re-consider my application as I would really like to be admitted on the course of my original choice. If there's any further information as to why you might have changed my course offer, could you please let me know. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

What Adbul said :smile:
Reply 7
thanks Abdul. And for the help replying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8

Yours sincerely,

I wouldn't ever use shortened words (I've) in a formal letter, but hey.
Reply 9
Original post by Vousden
I wouldn't ever use shortened words (I've) in a formal letter, but hey.

they responded and i want to reply to them but they said i should include my university and ucas number
how do i incorporate this into my email? In the subject? at the end of my letter? where ?

thank you lots
Original post by x__justmyluck
You've been rejected for the course you applied for so they are offering you one they would accept you for so that you still go to their university and they get your money.

Perfectly summed up! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Tishax2
they responded and i want to reply to them but they said i should include my university and ucas number
how do i incorporate this into my email? In the subject? at the end of my letter? where ?

thank you lots

Dear Mr/Dr blah,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my email - my UCAS number is 1213456 and I am applying to the University of Hereford (did you mean university? Surely they know which university you're applying to if they there?)

Best wishes,

Tishax2

__

No point making it longer than it needs to be.
Original post by Tishax2

thank you lots

Dear (persons name on reply),

Thank you for your response. Below are the relevant pieces of information you require.

My Track-Number: 110-000-0000
My university choice: (Subject) (University)

Yours sincerely,
_________

Again, don't over-complicate things because the admissions team have better things to do with their time. You want to come across as formal and to the point.
Reply 13
Dear (persons name on reply),

Thank you for your response. Below are the relevant pieces of information you require.

My Track-Number: 110-000-0000
My university choice: (Subject) (University)

Yours sincerely,
_________

Again, don't over-complicate things because the admissions team have better things to do with their time. You want to come across as formal and to the point.

ok thanks
so i will reply back to their email include my uni/ucas number and also ask them to consider me for another course and tell them how much i want it. i hope they don't find me annoying

Yes i will say it in a polite formal manner.
Original post by Tishax2
ok thanks
so i will reply back to their email include my uni/ucas number and also ask them to consider me for another course and tell them how much i want it. i hope they don't find me annoying

Yes i will say it in a polite formal manner.

Don't include anything they haven't asked for. Just give them the relevant pieces of information they require. It's up to them to decide at that point as they would probably re-consider your original application. All the best.
Reply 15
because they offered me another course

will i be able to use an extra OR go through clearing in this university to do the foundation course?
im not sure how this works because i dont want the course they offered me
i want the course i applied for/ or the foundation degree with that course thanks
Original post by Tishax2
because they offered me another course

will i be able to use an extra OR go through clearing in this university to do the foundation course?
im not sure how this works because i dont want the course they offered me
i want the course i applied for/ or the foundation degree with that course thanks

You can reject their offer for the course you don't want. You can only go through extra if you have no offers, so were unsuccessful/reject all the offers you receive. If you do not want to reject any other offers you have then you may be able to apply for the foundation course through clearing. It is VERY UNLIKELY that you will get onto the course you originally applied for through clearing, you have obviously not met their criteria and so it would be unwise to pin all of your hopes on doing this.
Reply 17
Original post by x__justmyluck
You can reject their offer for the course you don't want. You can only go through extra if you have no offers, so were unsuccessful/reject all the offers you receive. If you do not want to reject any other offers you have then you may be able to apply for the foundation course through clearing. It is VERY UNLIKELY that you will get onto the course you originally applied for through clearing, you have obviously not met their criteria and so it would be unwise to pin all of your hopes on doing this.

thats because i am 100% sure they changed their criteria for the course
but they also offer a foundation which i was considering if i didnt get accepted for the initial course
this is the foundation to the initial course i apply for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending