The Student Room Group

How long would you wait to have sexual intercourse?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
No one said it wasn't. The fact that someone doesn't like to give money to charity is quite selfish but ultimately, its still their concern.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The joke doesn't work as well if you have to explain it, but anyway, I put her concern being that it was shallow because she didn't want a short penis, which could only facilitate shallow penetration, whereas she wants a big one to get deep.
With my last boyfriend we waited 3ish months or so and that was weird for me. He was quite shy and didn't initiate, and didn't take a hint very well either :rolleyes: My current one, we slept together the night we met. I guess it's more down to when feels right. I wouldn't have a 6 date rule or something, it happens when it happens.
For my first proper relationship we waited 6 months as everything was new and we took it step by step. I don't know how long I'd wait now, guess it would just come naturally (pun not intended huehuehue)
One year. You must first check if they are loyal, if you can rely on them, you must test them in various situations before you take this step.
Reply 44
Original post by MostUncivilised
Perhaps 4 hours? As long as it takes to finish dinner and drinks, take the nightbus home and jump in the sack.

My first date with my boyfriend; we caught up for coffee at an art gallery in the afternoon, then went to the pub. When we were suitably drunk, we wandered back to his place and had sex. Then we went out for dinner, and afterwards went back to his place and had sex again. Then we sat up at night drinking and talking about history, and I stayed the night. We woke up and had sex again, then we cooked breakfast and talked about the cricket. That was in the first 24 hours.

Anyone who asks you to "wait" is frightfully tiresome and a bore. If you're not ready for sex, you're not ready for relationships. Anything else is just playing at being an adult.

Before you started to do men, did you you ever do women? If so how much easier are men than women to have casual sex with?
Reply 45
My mate waited two years with his Gf, she has him on leash
Reply 46
18 months, never again.
I would wait until my partner is ready. There's no need to rush to have sex, it's a nice thing that's worth being saved for the right time.
Original post by reapingunicorn32
I would wait until my partner is ready. There's no need to rush to have sex, it's a nice thing that's worth being saved for the right time.

Agreed! :biggrin:
Original post by Le Nombre
The joke doesn't work as well if you have to explain it, but anyway, I put her concern being that it was shallow because she didn't want a short penis, which could only facilitate shallow penetration, whereas she wants a big one to get deep.

Yeah...I didn't get it. It was way too ambiguous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
after marriage
Reply 51
3-5months generally

otherwise something is wrong
Reply 52
on the 50th date
For my first I waited a year :eek:

For my current boyfriend I waited 2 weeks, because it felt right.
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Met mid September, sex in December so about 4 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solid maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
My boyfriend and I waited 6 month, even though we wanted to do it constantly before that, just so we could make sure we knew everything about eachother first. And I personally think we're much better because of it. Average is 4 months first time round though.
I have no idea, I'd just wait until it felt right.
Reply 57
I think for something casual I wouldn't wait long. But for someone I was genuinely interested in romantically, i'd wait for a little while, or until they are up for it.
Although up to 5 months would be a cut-off point, because then I'd either consider that we are incompatible on the intimate level, or it's taking the piss.:closedeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending