The Student Room Group

If you had 1 week to live and unlimited money, what would you do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by euphrosyne
There's a time frame for 1 week. I wouldn't have time to sail* around the world. So out of all the areas, Mediterranean is my top choice.

*When I mean sail, I mean sailing to a certain place, like Monte Carlo, and actually leaving the yacht to go see the city.

Oh I missed that part!

Monte Carlo is so overrated though.
Reply 21
Original post by danny111
Oh I missed that part!

Monte Carlo is so overrated though.

Really? I've never been but it looks amazing! Going this summer :love:
Reply 22
I would end world poverty :smile:
Reply 23
Really? I've never been but it looks amazing! Going this summer :love:

I've actually been twice! I mean yes it's a lot of glitz and glamour, but I'd rather be holed up in some remote island with clear blue water and white beaches, or some interesting place like a Greek island, or Hawaii where you can go explore the beautiful countryside.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I'd cripple the world economy by buying all property then letting it out for free forever more, and then have #YOLO put into gigantic letters in place of the Hollywood sign.

What you are forgetting is you would create almost instant hyper-inflation in the property market and essentially find yourself quickly making property a store of wealth which many intellectual people would recognize and refuse to sell to you regardless of the price you offered them which in turn would foil your plan. If you think about it logically there's no way you could actually "buy" all the property in the world.
Original post by Adster
I would end world poverty :smile:

Not possible, your distribution of wealth would only result in mass hyper-inflation until we reached a new equilibrium.
Original post by TheBoobInspector
What you are forgetting is you would create almost instant hyper-inflation in the property market and essentially find yourself quickly making property a store of wealth which many intellectual people would recognize and refuse to sell to you regardless of the price you offered them which in turn would foil your plan. If you think about it logically there's no way you could actually "buy" all the property in the world.

Myy post, first part: I would cripple the world economy.

Your post: That would cause hyper inflation in the property market.

Result: Same regardless of reaction. I hate property law.

Even so, we're discussing an impossible situation so it's poor to say 'but that's impossibru' :h:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Myy post, first part: I would cripple the world economy.

Your post: That would cause hyper inflation in the property market.

Result: Same regardless of reaction. I hate property law.

Even so, we're discussing an impossible situation so it's poor to say 'but that's impossibru' :h:

Slightly different we are discussing an impossible situation with in another impossible situation, If you had all the money in the world, the only way you could buy all the property in the world would be initially buying all the world media and then corrupting all world governments while slowing acquiring as much property as possible, None of which could be done in a lifetime let alone a week.

Okay fair enough this discussion is sort of stupid and only weirdo's with too much time would have it.
Reply 28
I would ask my boyfriend to get the week off from work.
Assuming he would get the week off...
We would fly to the country I grew up in and I would get all my friends and family to meet us. We would go to the most beautiful places and to my favourite theme park. I would try to do this in 2 days! (small country) Then we would all fly to the country I'm originally from and meet up with my family there. Go to all the beautiful/special places.. In the end we would fly back to the country I fell in love with, saying goodbye to family and friends. I would only want to have the dearest/closest ones with me. Die peacefully in the Glencoe...
In the meantime I would have arranged to hire people who would arrange money to go to family, friends, charities I believe in etc.

But please I want at least another 60 years :frown:
I would help some of my lgbt mates who want to tell their parents but are scared that they could loose their income source. Of course that might not help most but I know with some of my mates they would feel a lot safer not financially depending on their parents.

I've always wanted to visit America so I would go there and I would like to go back to Germany and reminise about my childhood there.

Pay whoever that would need buying over in order to get more lgbt rights like gender neutral toilets in public places (or just even converting disabled to disabled and other genders), sort out Russia and now India etc.

Treat my boyfriend because he deserves it
Reply 30
I would buy myself a yacht with a jacuzzi, pay Matt Bomer to act as my 'waiter', have an unlimited amount of bacon, pizza and sushi* and sail around the Mediterranean sea.

*Matt Bomer would obviously have to serve and feed me those scrumptious things, among other things :colone:

Yacht+Matt.jpg

Spoiler

What would you guys do? :rolleyes:

Regarding unlimited bacon, pizza and sushi.... Not sure about bacon but i know a place where you can get unlimited sushi and pizza :biggrin:

And if we are keepin counts it's 5 months and... 25 days... Tick-tock!
Original post by DashingHero
I would help some of my lgbt mates who want to tell their parents but are scared that they could loose their income source. Of course that might not help most but I know with some of my mates they would feel a lot safer not financially depending on their parents.

I've always wanted to visit America so I would go there and I would like to go back to Germany and reminise about my childhood there.

Pay whoever that would need buying over in order to get more lgbt rights like gender neutral toilets in public places (or just even converting disabled to disabled and other genders), sort out Russia and now India etc.

Treat my boyfriend because he deserves it

Makes no sense at all? You would only really help the LGBT community and that also by funding a "neutral toilets" movement and potentially ignore dying children in Africa and Asia? Not too sound too harsh but aren't you kind of suffering from "narrow vision" disorder.
Original post by TheBoobInspector
Makes no sense at all? You would only really help the LGBT community and that also by funding a "neutral toilets" movement and potentially ignore dying children in Africa and Asia? Not too sound too harsh but aren't you kind of suffering from "narrow vision" disorder.

How does it not make sense?

If you're going to be picky there's lots of good causes people have missed, obviously including myself, I just went for something close to me.

I don't know if you're a part of the LGBT community but I am and I see what some people go through. It can make someone depressed, suicidal etc and some of my friends are like that. Not to be inconsiderate or something but I would help my friends first then look at helping other people.

Again not trying to be inconsiderate but in all fairness how can we try to help others when our own country is suffering? We have people of all ages on the streets and you didn't consider them.

"In order to help others you must first help yourself"
Original post by DashingHero
How does it not make sense?

If you're going to be picky there's lots of good causes people have missed, obviously including myself, I just went for something close to me.

I don't know if you're a part of the LGBT community but I am and I see what some people go through. It can make someone depressed, suicidal etc and some of my friends are like that. Not to be inconsiderate or something but I would help my friends first then look at helping other people.

Again not trying to be inconsiderate but in all fairness how can we try to help others when our own country is suffering? We have people of all ages on the streets and you didn't consider them.

"In order to help others you must first help yourself"

You have "UNLIMITED" money and you still think it's acceptable just to fund the LGBT movement?

Last chance to think about your answer......

On a sidenote I haven't posted what I would do so i'm not sure where you got the idea that I wouldn't help people in my own country, I merely mentioned the starving children of Africa to bring some perspective on your answer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Buy island in Maldives for the whole week. :u:
weeklong bender: rent out a whole hotel. stock it full of the finest columbian charlie and copious high class hookers.
Find the cure to my illness.
Original post by martin jol
weeklong bender: rent out a whole hotel. stock it full of the finest columbian charlie and copious high class hookers.

Idolising Charlie Sheen much?!?!?
#NOTwinning

Sound like fun though. In some ways there a lot of poetry in the Idea that you might actually kill yourself before the weeks over.
Big money Big girls Big fun
Buy literally everything then set in place a scheme to restructure the world's economy to allow for easier distribution of wealth amongst the majority of the people, whilst also wiping out all personal, business, national and international debts.

Quick Reply

Latest