The Student Room Group

Best way to burn 1000 calories at the gym?

Scroll to see replies

Around 30 seconds, take a big mac meal and burn it.

In all seriousness, something cardio related.
Reply 41
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
dull diet? I would say thats a matter of opinion.

Not true, you should be eating in order to meet your target and certain food will enhance the process of losing fat and gaining muscle.

How is lean meat rabbit food?

You shouldn't be aiming to burn every single calorie you consume on a daily basis ffs. So for an average male like myself to maintain my weight with moderate levels of exercise on a daily basis I should consume approx 2800 calories which is a lot, at the rate I am going which is 1900-ish calories maximum a day then I should be able to shed 3.5kg in a month! which is very much possible and I have achieved it in the past. At the moment I've already got into good shape in less than a month of strictness with increase muscle definition and reduced body fat, plus I used to have a six pack when I was on a similar diet in the past so I know it works for me. Your weekly cycling 100 miles seems like a dull exercise? No high intensity stuff going eh? also you might be maintaining your weight because you think the diet I suggested was too strict!

Certain foods do not enhance weight loss
There is no need for meat to be lean, low fat diets are stupid
Cycling is high intensity depending on how hard you ride obvioisly
Original post by WGR
Certain foods do not enhance weight loss
There is no need for meat to be lean, low fat diets are stupid
Cycling is high intensity depending on how hard you ride obvioisly

I've suggested foods which provide a decent balance of fat, carbs and protein while being low calorie.

If you don't agree with it, could you please suggest something better?
Reply 43
I've suggested foods which provide a decent balance of fat, carbs and protein while being low calorie.

If you don't agree with it, could you please suggest something better?

You suggesting the usual lean chicken and salad *******s. Eat whatever you want so long as you meet the right amount ofcalories and macros
Original post by WGR
You suggesting the usual lean chicken and salad *******s. Eat whatever you want so long as you meet the right amount ofcalories and macros

So how do you go about? I told you what I do, It would be nice hear the alternative.
Reply 45
I'd say about 11-12 miles on the treadmill at 2% incline. If you take a breather when you need it and don't run too fast, you shouldn't take more than 2 1/2 hours.
Reply 46
So how do you go about? I told you what I do, It would be nice hear the alternative.

I already did
Reply 47
I will never understand people who do so much cardio...brb just do IF some HITT in the morning and lift heavy ass weights...lol at trying to burn 1000 calories
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by WGR
I already did

where?
Original post by Sai4
I will never understand people who do so much cardio...brb just do IF some HITT in the morning and lift heavy ass weights...lol at trying to burn 1000 calories

Thats very true, HITT will do the job, burning calories way after your workout. Whats you diet like if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 50
where?

I said eat what you want so long as you meet your macros and calories
Original post by WGR
I said eat what you want so long as you meet your macros and calories

that doesn't work.
Ok so how do you go about it? A better question might be: what do you usually eat in a day?
Reply 52
Thats very true, HITT will do the job, burning calories way after your workout. Whats you diet like if you don't mind me asking?

Usually its clean, I do IIFYM though, so its something like this (for bulking)

Morning

mass gainer shake w/ milk
fruit
toast
eggs

Afternoon

Rice/Pasta
Some kind of meat (chicken/tuna/salmon)

Evening

Same as above or
2 scoops whey with banana/ peanut butter

Before bed:

2 scoops whey shake w/ milk
cottage cheese/greek yogurt/peanut butter

Sounds super clean, but I eat muffins,cake, cookies or whatever if I'm in the mood
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Secretnerd123
Thanks for that!
However when it comes to the swimming, there's one problem. I can't swim :eek: the gym im signing up for has swimming lessons for all ages so hopefully I will learn this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

will you wear hijab?
Original post by Sai4
Usually its clean, I do IIFYM though, so its something like this (for bulking)

Morning

mass gainer shake w/ milk
fruit
toast
eggs

Afternoon

Rice/Pasta
Some kind of meat (chicken/tuna/salmon)

Evening

Same as above or
2 scoops whey with banana/ peanut butter

Before bed:

2 scoops whey shake w/ milk
cottage cheese/greek yogurt/peanut butter

Sounds super clean, but I eat muffins,cake, cookies or whatever if I'm in the mood

Yeah it's pretty clean, I wouldn't say super clean. You got the right stuff going on and I guess you can occasionally eat some junk but I feel it can spiral out of control when you do.

A little too much protein shake for my liking but its kinda important for bulking quickly.
Reply 55
that doesn't work.
Ok so how do you go about it? A better question might be: what do you usually eat in a day?

Ahahaha have you ever heard of the first law of thermodynamics? Because if youre telling me that "eat what you want so long as you dont go over your calorie limit" doesnt work then you are saying the first law of thermodynamics doesnt work.

Well on monday i ate 2 mince pies and custard which is 600 cals, half a tub of ice cream which was 450 cals, some chicken wings which was 400 calories, a piece of chicken which was 250 calories, a bread roll and tuna steak which was 250 calories and a bit of fruit which brings the total to about 2000 calories. 5 Meals, 2 of which.was.ice cream and pies and im still under maintenance. I even got my 5 a day and all my macros.
Reply 56
Lol 1000 is way too much.. it would just drain you so much. If your stubborn on burning that many calories it's easier to burn 500 at the gym and then just cut out 500 calories from your diet.
Original post by WGR
Ahahaha have you ever heard of the first law of thermodynamics? Because if youre telling me that "eat what you want so long as you dont go over your calorie limit" doesnt work then you are saying the first law of thermodynamics doesnt work.

Well on monday i ate 2 mince pies and custard which is 600 cals, half a tub of ice cream which was 450 cals, some chicken wings which was 400 calories, a piece of chicken which was 250 calories, a bread roll and tuna steak which was 250 calories and a bit of fruit which brings the total to about 2000 calories. 5 Meals, 2 of which.was.ice cream and pies and im still under maintenance. I even got my 5 a day and all my macros.

Sounds good man, you are definitely doing it the right way.No consideration for the sugar levels, salt levels, vitamin intake or fat intake and the effect that has on your body and health but as long as you only eat 2000 calories your good! hope it works out for you man but I'm pretty happy eating like a rabbit and feeling good.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Sounds good man, you are definitely doing it the right way.No consideration for the sugar levels, salt levels, vitamin intake or fat intake and the effect that has on your body and health but as long as you only eat 2000 calories your good! hope it works out for you man but I'm pretty happy eating like a rabbit and feeling good.

Do you really believe that i eat ice cream and pie every day? And fyi those chicken wings werent from KFC.
Reply 59
Original post by has_700
will you wear hijab?

Don't you know?

Everyone is a part-time Muslim!

Quick Reply

Latest