The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary QMUL September 2014 Applicants & Firmers!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if to possible to change courses if you hold an unconditional offer?

My firm unconditional is Queen Mary for Linguistics and Comparative Literature, but I was wondering if it's possible to change to English and Linguistics, if they're in clearing and I meet the grades :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by IBiskillingme
Just got an email saying that I'm waitlisted for college accommodation.

And I'm a first year international student. Great. Time to start searching then...

Those of you doing BSc Biomed, where do you think is best accommodation outside QMUL that is close to both Whitechapel and main campus? :smile:

There's a UNITE accommodation block just opposite uni, which is good, cos you can just catch the 25 or 205 to Whitechapel (which doesn't take too long either).

I'm a third year Biological Sciences student at QM, so feel free to ask me anything if you need to :smile:
Reply 383
"Does anyone know if queen mary will lower my offer if I firm them for business management?
Thanks"
Hey there! I will start university in September and I'm so excited about it!
I'm studying pharmaceutical chemistry and I don't really know anyone in the university so.. I don't know, if anyone wants to make friends I'm here ahah :smile:
Original post by Med_Geek
There's a UNITE accommodation block just opposite uni, which is good, cos you can just catch the 25 or 205 to Whitechapel (which doesn't take too long either).

I'm a third year Biological Sciences student at QM, so feel free to ask me anything if you need to :smile:

I firmed QM for Biology!
How have you found QM and your course so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmmaBrownie
I firmed QM for Biology!
How have you found QM and your course so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! :biggrin:

I've really enjoyed my course! There's been a lot of variety in terms of module choices for second and third year. They changed the degree structure since I started, so you guys will have less modules in first year than I had to do :frown:
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Does anyone know if to possible to change courses if you hold an unconditional offer?

My firm unconditional is Queen Mary for Linguistics and Comparative Literature, but I was wondering if it's possible to change to English and Linguistics, if they're in clearing and I meet the grades :smile:

When I went for a tour around the uni I asked this too, the girl told me that once you're there it's really easy to switch courses; especially if it's within the same department. She said as long as they have room it's not a problem.
Original post by Med_Geek
Nice! :biggrin:

I've really enjoyed my course! There's been a lot of variety in terms of module choices for second and third year. They changed the degree structure since I started, so you guys will have less modules in first year than I had to do :frown:

That's really nice to hear. I haven't come across many people doing Biological Sciences. The variety of the course is what drew me to it in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys!
I was on the Queen Mary website and I've just found out about MySIS and preenrolment and all that... I have'nt been given any details or anything about how to sign in.. Starting to stress :frown: oh yeah and my offer is unconditional for Biomedical Sciences.. applied through Extra and got it. Any help will be much appreciated!!
Hi! Who's going to study Economics at Qmul this year?
Original post by LolaGonzalez
Hey Guys!
I was on the Queen Mary website and I've just found out about MySIS and preenrolment and all that... I have'nt been given any details or anything about how to sign in.. Starting to stress :frown: oh yeah and my offer is unconditional for Biomedical Sciences.. applied through Extra and got it. Any help will be much appreciated!!

I haven't received any info either so it's not just you.
For those that aren't on campus for accommodation, where you staying? Rahere Court is tempting me
I received a letter from QM saying they will send out a welcome pack/enrolment details one month before the course start date so expect something in a week or so.
Original post by Anna.Karenina

call them and ask. get it sorted now before clearing kicks in. good luck!
Original post by LolaGonzalez
Hey Guys!

Original post by nohaynada
I haven't received any info either so it's not just you.

Preenrolment should start on the 15th of August I suppose
Original post by JoannaEMW
call them and ask. get it sorted now before clearing kicks in. good luck!

It's only that I'm a way off the grades yet, so I thought I'd wait in the hope my grades will increase :smile:
Original post by eduardoblopes
Preenrolment should start on the 15th of August I suppose

Oh cool, all I know is that the freshers events are announced on the 14th.
Hy guys , i need some advice. When i made my UCas application, I;ve applied to QMUL but they didnt accept me. At the moment I got a place at University of Kent but i really dont want to go over there. I felt in love with QMUL campus when i visited and i still `dream` of studying there:biggrin:. Do you think i can have any chances to be accepted at QMUL if I apply through clearing? Btw I ve studied an Access Course. Thanks
Original post by dragos1115
Hy guys , i need some advice. When i made my UCas application, I;ve applied to QMUL but they didnt accept me. At the moment I got a place at University of Kent but i really dont want to go over there. I felt in love with QMUL campus when i visited and i still `dream` of studying there:biggrin:. Do you think i can have any chances to be accepted at QMUL if I apply through clearing? Btw I ve studied an Access Course. Thanks

What did you apply for? Did you get higher grades than your entry requirements? You could go through adjustment if you did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending