The Student Room Group

Should I give up EPQ

I've written about half of it, but I only have three days to write the rest of it AND I have to do other work on top of that. I'm behind in one of my subjects and only just keeping up in the other two. I hate giving up but I don't think I will do well in anything if I keep everything on, but I don't want to disappoint my parents either.. What do I do?
Could the rest of the work be focused on after finishing your EPQ? If you only have 3 days left to finish it you could try to focus on that for the next 3 days and catch up with everything else after the 3 days?:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CharlotteMcD
Could the rest of the work be focused on after finishing your EPQ? If you only have 3 days left to finish it you could try to focus on that for the next 3 days and catch up with everything else after the 3 days?:smile:

Even if I could do that (I can't -.-) there still isn't enough time
Are you really enjoying your EPQ topic? Is it useful for your university degree/ part of your offers? Do you actually have enough time to finish it to a good enough quality anyway?
If no - maybe it's worth dropping.
However - is it the actual deadline in three days or just the deadline for a draft? We had until about March/ April time to finish ours... By the final draft deadline I handed in about a quarter of the report and a few notes on my experiments, I hadn't completed enough experiments to be able to write much more anyway.
If yours is just a written report rather than requiring experiments/ making an artifact then you could probably sit down and do it in a few days if you really put your mind to it - if the actual deadline is much later and you think you could allocate half of your February half term to do it then maybe it isn't necessary to drop it.
Reply 4
Thanks, I've emailed my tutor to ask what he thinks but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drop it, one of my friends in the same position is dong the same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest